• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move RAW Edits from LR CC (cloud) to Classic

New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will ask about moving the edits from the cloud ecosystem to my classic system in hard drive.

I began in Lightroom using Lightroom CC (the cloud based system). This was while backpacking.

RAW files were uploaded to the cloud, then I kept them on a portable hard drive. Did all of the editing in the cloud, where I am using a lot of my 1TB allowance, and paying for it.

A few years later, I want to downgrade my plan (to keep it sustainable) by clearing most of the RAW files from the cloud. 

Key point is that for around 1000 of the photos I want to have the RAW + edits on classic, so I can continue to work with the best images.

I have done:

1. Export all photos from cloud to JPEGs, so I have them as high quality JPEG as a backup.

2. RAW files are now available on my computer with classic (not imported but easily done)

I know how to delete things from the cloud, so that isn't a problem.

Is there a way to either:

- download the RAW files plus the edits (so I can adjust the edits still over a RAW file), or 

- download the edits to place them over the top of the RAW files I have already on my hard drive?

I could go through and manually 'copy-paste' the edits from the synced cloud collection onto the RAW file, but this would be very time consuming for 1000 photos.

These are my best images, so I want full RAW with edits over the top, to be in my classic catalogue, not saved smart previews or other efficient but less than perfect solutions.

Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Ben

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

The easiest thing to do is simply enable the LrClassic catalog to sync (using the same Adobe Account details as used for Lightroom) and ALL the images (including the current edit state) will automatically download (full original copies) into the Classic catalog. If they are in Albums in the cloud, they will be automatically placed into corresponding Collections in LrC.

Once you have them in Classic they can all be seen in the special All Synced Photographs collection in the Library's Catalog pan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest thing to do is simply enable the LrClassic catalog to sync (using the same Adobe Account details as used for Lightroom) and ALL the images (including the current edit state) will automatically download (full original copies) into the Classic catalog. If they are in Albums in the cloud, they will be automatically placed into corresponding Collections in LrC.

Once you have them in Classic they can all be seen in the special All Synced Photographs collection in the Library's Catalog panel....and if you want to delete the images from the cloud but keep them in Classic you can simply remove them from that All Synced Photographs collection.

Before you enable syncing in Classic, however, visit the Classic Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab where you can optionally choose your own preferred storage location for the downloaded images (as well as choose a date-based folder scheme if preferred)...the default location would be an obsure folder on your system drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx Jim - a few follow up questions:

1. Does that mean you have to 2 instances of your full catalog, one for LR cloud, and a local instance for LR classic
  2. And if so, will they sync no matter which version of LR touches a given file?
  3. Lastly, what do I do w/ Photoshop? Do I work from, and safe to my local drive? And will those files appear in and be synced across both catalogs?

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Does that mean you have to 2 instances of your full catalog, one for LR cloud, and a local instance for LR classic
    Yes, but Not "Full". The 'Cloud' catalog is controlled by Adobe in your Cloud storage. The "Local" catalog is controlled by LrC on your desktop.
  2. And if so, will they sync no matter which version of LR touches a given file?
    Yes - If the file has synced between Lr and LrC.
  3. Lastly, what do I do w/ Photoshop? Do I work from, and safe to my local drive? And will those files appear in and be synced across both catalogs?
    Depends which Photoshop you use!
    If you [Edit-In] Ps from Lightroom-Mobile (including Lr on a desktop) the edited Ps file, by a [Save], will return to the Cloud catalog (as a full-size file), and sync down to LrC like all other images in the Cloud.
    If you [Edit-In] Ps from Lightroom-Classic then the new Ps file will only sync 'up' to the Cloud if belongs in a Collection that is marked to sync. (and it syncs up as a Smart DNG Proxy file of smaller size). If the file you send LrC > Ps is already in a Synced Collection then the new Ps file will also sync up.

Even I have trouble getting my brain around these questions!
Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rob - 

Finally getting around to seeting up my catalogs as you described. Will post here if I hit any snags.

Thx-

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines