• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving catalogs between separate .lrcat

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new .lrcat and moved the images from the old .lrcat but I now realise the collections did not transfer and these are synched to portfolio and it would be a pain to have to rebuild these collections. Is there a way to transfer the collections that does not involve transferring images ( as the images already exist in the new .lrcat )

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

One catalog is a superior method. If you have two (or more) catalogs, changes made in one catalog are not reflected in the other catalog. If you need different edits for some purpose, use virtual copies. This is a whole lot simpler and less complicated than doing whatever it is you want with two catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One catalog is a superior method. If you have two (or more) catalogs, changes made in one catalog are not reflected in the other catalog. If you need different edits for some purpose, use virtual copies. This is a whole lot simpler and less complicated than doing whatever it is you want with two catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As @dj_paige says, it is not recommended having more than one catalog. I have effectively two catalogs. One main and one for mobile work when on a travel assignment. I consolidate the mobile catalog into the main one when I'm back. But yes, collections do not consolidate. I do not know your reason for doing this, but if it were to clean up your database, you should have worked like backing-up the database and then doing the clean-up in the main database.

You may be interested in this discussion: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/transferring-lr-collections-to-another-computer.314...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines