• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving folders-Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When moving a folder with a video in it, if the video preview is visable in the grid, the folder will not move and will fail. If another photo is previewed it moves with no problem. WIN-10 LR version 11.4

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Quote "if the video preview is visable in the grid", I am presently in Canada on vacation and working on my iPad so unable to test.

This is just a thought, to preview the video LrC has to play the video so it's running and the system is not allowing you to move the folder. When you have a image file selected LrC is displaying the already produced preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@scottm90162059 

Since Photoshop was not mentioned, I've moved this from Photoshop where you posted to Lightroom Classic. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just moved a folder with videos in Lightroom Classic, inf fact I moved this folder 3 times, no problem.

Please explain, step-by-step, in detail, leaving nothing out, how you are attempting to do this move. Provide lots of details. LOTS OF DETAILS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "if the video preview is visable in the grid", I am presently in Canada on vacation and working on my iPad so unable to test.

This is just a thought, to preview the video LrC has to play the video so it's running and the system is not allowing you to move the folder. When you have a image file selected LrC is displaying the already produced preview.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you're right. Video is loaded to show on screen versus a preview. I've now figured out that to move a folder, no video can be selected. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines