• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moving images from aperture error "the name is not unique"

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I get this  error message.  The import will not complete.  I am using the plug in and importing from aperture to Lighroom classic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jamjam12,

There is an article on how to migrate your photos from Aperture to Lightroom. So please follow this:

http://lightroomsolutions.com/articles/migrating-from-aperture-to-lightroom-where-do-i-begin/
Try to import photos as referenced files which are explained in the article. If issue is still persistent, please provide more information on the issue.

Thanks,

AkhileshHM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also seeing this error when trying to import an aperture library. I have two aperture libraries and the first one imported ok (took a while) but the second one gives me this "name is not unique" error. I've subsequently opened it in aperture and renamed then even deleted the aperture folder with the name it reported. That did not help. I also had aperture rebuild its database, which did not help. And I tried the "import photos as referenced" mentioned above which also made no difference. Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The built-in Aperture/iPhoto Importer Plug-in is buggy and unreliable. A number of people have reported much better results using the Avalanche program.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow

That would be a good place to start, but what to do about the Lightroom Library.  It now contains a raft of incomplete (partially imported) Aperture libraries and failed imports.  

And some 18,000 missing images
What a mess! 

Bring back Aperture (please!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recommend starting over with a fresh LR catalog when you try Avalanche (in LR, do File > New Catalog).  (You can keep the current catalog just in case.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines