• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving photos from Apple photos app to Lightroom

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been moving photos from the Photos app on my Mac to lightroom by first exporting from Apple Photos and then importing to Lightroom.  All seemed fine.  Today, I tried to use some of those photos to make a book in Lightroom.  When I went to the book module, the photos I imported from the Photos app where greyed out.   Went back to the library module and noticed they weren't actually photos but were short, 2 second videos.  I'm guessing that this was so-called "live view" on my iPhone.

How can I fix this?  I select to export "unmodified original" from the Photos app.  I thought this would give me the highest quality photo.  Should I export to a JPG?  Seems I'd lose some image quality.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

When in doubt test it out. There are a couple of things you can do. In lightroom you can capture a frame from the video and it will create a jpg or export the live photo from photos as a jpg – either should work. Testing both will tell you which way you may prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When in doubt test it out. There are a couple of things you can do. In lightroom you can capture a frame from the video and it will create a jpg or export the live photo from photos as a jpg – either should work. Testing both will tell you which way you may prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines