• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Photos whilst maintaining all edits and masks

New Here ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently edit my work in a folder (Raw) that does not back up to the cloud. Once finish editing i export the files to JPEG in a new folder (Final). When i try move the original photos (Raw) in the lightroom library window it moves them but resets all the raw photos to the original state. How do I move my photos to a new folder whilst maintaining all the edits and masks. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

When i try move the original photos (Raw) in the lightroom library window it moves them but resets all the raw photos to the original state.

If you did the move in Lightroom Classic (did you? you said Lightroom, not Lightroom Classic), please explain how you are looking at the moved photos that indicates the photos are unedited, in detail, so we can follow along.

You can follow these instructions to perform moves of photos that have been edited in LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i try move the original photos (Raw) in the lightroom library window it moves them but resets all the raw photos to the original state.

If you did the move in Lightroom Classic (did you? you said Lightroom, not Lightroom Classic), please explain how you are looking at the moved photos that indicates the photos are unedited, in detail, so we can follow along.

You can follow these instructions to perform moves of photos that have been edited in LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I am using LrC.

In the Libary Module i drag and drop the folder into the new location which is still on my C: Drive

I then right click and synchronise the folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a mistake. Synchronize folders should be used very carefully, in this case it finds photos that it isn't expecting and imports them as entirely new photos, with no edits.

In the Libary [sic] Module i drag and drop the folder into the new location which is still on my C: Drive

In fact, in your case, the steps should be only do the move and that's it; synchronizing is just plain wrong at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines