Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Moving Photos

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my photos in Lightroom CC on a external hard drive.  I bought a IMac with enough storage to move all the photos from the external drive to the Mac.  I am using the external drive at the present time with lightroom CC and want to do away with the external drive and move them to IMac.  I have found several discussion of how to move from the Mac to a external drive but could not find a discussion about moving from the external drive back to the Mac.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... but could not find a discussion about moving from the external drive back to the Mac.

Exact same instructions. It doesn't matter whether the photos are on an internal and you want to move them to external HD, or othe other way around.

Here are the instructins I would recommend. http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines