• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving sliders in Lightroom Classic 10.3 makes a click sound and then iMac crashes without a report

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently on latest version of Lightroom Classic on iMac 27" 2017. I had sound issue on previous versions and I cleaned installed the OS but the problem is severe now.

I don't know how to describe the sound exactly, but moving any slider (like exposure, texture, etc.) causes a physical click sound. I muted the volume but the sound still exists, so it is definelty not coming from speakers. It is also not a coil whine, because coil whine sounds different. If I continue to move the sliders sound follows it like there are steps on slider, and then my Mac crashes without any crash screen and doesn't restart itself. I checked Console and there wasn't any crash log. I feel like power went out because when I manually start the Mac, applications start themselves where they left off. So thinking maybe something PSU related. I don't really know. Any help is appriciated.

Also I found this thread on Photoshop community support page, it looks like a similar issue on Macbook, but I am not under heavy load and I am having crashes. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble due to your Mac crashing while working in Lightroom Classic. Would you mind sharing the macOS version you're working on? If the sound is coming even when you have muted the system sound then it is possible it might be coming from a hardware component. Generally, a system crash like the one you are experiencing is due to hardware or driver issues. However, since you're using an iMac, identifying the hardware component which is might be causing the may be difficult.

You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Lightroom Classic by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Lightroom Classic to check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 right now.

Disabling graphics processor seems to help, moved various sliders for a few minutes and there was no sound. Performance is really bad right now, but that was expected. Enabled graphics (and relaunched) and clicking started again. Looks like something wrong with the GPU 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info! If you are not experiencing the same behavior with the Graphics card disabled then that would indicate an issue with the GPU. You can try getting the hardware checked to see if you are able to find any issues with it.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines