• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving synced photos in "From Lr mobile" in Lightroom Classic?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I primarily use Lightroom Classic, but have many collections syncing with Lightroom on my iPad. On rare occasion, I'll import images from a card directly to Lighroom on the iPad. These then sync back to Lightroom Classic into a folder called "From Lr mobile." I would like to move these from this collection into my regular Classic folder and collection set structure. Can I just drag and drop, or does that break anything with the mobile version of Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is possible, however while you are doing that you need to pause the syncing in Lightroom Classic or a copy of the original file in storage in Adobe Creative Cloud will immediately sync to Classic. Once the originals are in your folder structure you can add them to collections in Classic and have them set to sync. Use your iPad to delete the originals from the cloud, at this stage you can reactive sync in Classic so that smart previews will be available to your mobile devices.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, much, Denis! The pause-sync was the part I was missing. Very helpful. I'm on track now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pretty sure you don't need to pause sync and Classic will just follow the file in the new location and keep syncing it. I've never paused syncing and drag synced files around all the time. No new copy gets downloaded. Another thing to do is to change the syncing location in Classic's preferences and just set it to the exact hierarchy that you use in classic such as the dated folder structure. Your files (newly) synced from the cloud will just neatly file into the same folders you already use and be synced from there. If you ever want to delete them from the cloud, delete them on the iPad or simply unsync them in Classic (remove them from the all synced photographs special collection) . They will remain in Classic but be deleted from the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines