• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple (and more and more) instances of LR start themselves

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all thank you for absence of option to write to support for technical question. It is always pleasure for me to pay a subscription fee and realize there is no option to contact support. You made my move to C1 easier.

Back to the problem.

LR 2015.12. Right after update.

When I open LR after restart it tries to open new instances of the same catalog again. Again and again. And just can't stop.

It continues after reinstall.

In addition to that it says that my trial has expired and proposes to buy the software again. Last time activated - 19 juillet 2017

Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 16.14.25.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Hi  @

Alex Petrenko

Thank you for writing to us.

Its an activation issue in Mac machines.

If you have an active subscription & still you are getting trial error on your creative cloud & facing this multiple instance launch issue then,

please follow these steps:-

Sign out from creative cloud

Quit the application

Close all Adobe apps from activity monitor like:-

Adobe desktop services, CC library, core sync, creative cloud.

Now download Adobe application manager from this link & install

http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4774&fileID=4438

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  @

Alex Petrenko

Thank you for writing to us.

Its an activation issue in Mac machines.

If you have an active subscription & still you are getting trial error on your creative cloud & facing this multiple instance launch issue then,

please follow these steps:-

Quit the application

Close all Adobe apps from activity monitor like:-

Now launch Lightroom & license it if ask.

Then close lightroom.

Open Creative cloud app & sign in & open Lightroom from there

Your issue will be fixed.

Please try above mentioned steps & let us know if that fixes your issue.

For more support you can call us at 1800-585-6687, or you can write us at photosup@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue but unfortunately this "fix" did not do the trick? What other steps can i take to attempt to fix this issue and use the program??

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note the phone number in the solution doesn't take the caller to Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m having the exact same issue. I´ve been using the LR for years and now I haven't been able to use it for months. I've reinstalled all Adobe software including LR and Application Manager without any luck. Considering cancelling my subscription if there´s no solution. Not being able to access and edit my 70k pictures is a bit frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support was able to fix my problem (see above post). There are a number of folders that had the wrong permissions. They have an app to take control of your computer (while you watch and with your permission) and change the folder permissions to make the application work. The answer for how the permissions got changed was a classic baloney answer (MacOS updates cased it) but I didn't care to press the technician for proof. It happens infrequently enough it's unlikely it's MacOS updates. Anyhow submit a ticket by calling them and they fixed it. Back to photo editing bliss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply! I´ll give them a call. It's kind of surprising that a tech company don't have a chat service nor an online answer to a known problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you,

We do have a Chat support & Phone support.

You need to visit "Contact us" of our website www.adobe.com to get the support helpline number for your country.

Meanwhile, please visit this link to start a chat session, you can also find phone number for our support helpline on below link

Contact Customer Care

Regards-

Ashutosh Bhargava | Product Support Consultant (Photography) | Customer Experience| Adobe Systems| photosup@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashutosh,

Remember when I told you on your initial post the customer support number was wrong, and that you said that you were going to update it? The number goes to someone that is not happy to be getting support calls. Digging into the support on Adobe's site it's pretty clear they want you to start here. If you're not going to put the number to call could you remove the number so they don't get accosted by wherever that number does route you?

Jebergmann,

The agent that logged into my computer and fixed it was Ashutosh, he made it look easy and I was pleased my Lightroom worked after he did his fixes. If I was smart I would have recorded what permissions he changed so I could write a bash shell script to do it so people could try it without waiting for support. Doing some digging I found 1 800-833-6687. I don't think this is the number that routes to the service center Ashutosh works at because it's only open during business hours.

Happy Photo Editing!

~Blake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the event that your fix doesn't work for me, what should I try next? I have the exact same problem Lightroom Classic MacOS Sierra on a Macbook air. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please provide your contact details & time so that I can arrange a callback for you from my team

They will assist you.

Regards-

Ashutosh Bhargava | Product Support Consultant (Photography) | Customer Experience| Adobe Systems| photosup@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know that there might be a solution. Ashutosh, could you post the steps here so that I can resolve it myself? I also see that there are multiple threads in the forum with the same issue, so I think it would be very useful if we could fix it ourselves.

Also, not everyone might be comfortable with letting others into their computer... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jebergmann​

Please follow the steps as mentioned

Quit the application

Close all Adobe apps from activity monitor (Mac) & Task Manager (Windows) like:-

Now launch Lightroom & click on license it if ask.

Then close lightroom.

This is the only step which will fix the issue. If still not working then please contact us via chat support or visit

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Still the same issue. As I understood from a previous post in this thread the final solution was to manually change the permissions on a set of files and folders. Do you have the steps so that I could try that approach?

Also, now when I open "Creative Cloud" it says that both "Lightroom CC" and "Lightroom Classic" has expired the trial. This might be because I've also tried to reinstall those applications. "Photoshop CC" is still active.

regards,

Jan-Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem. I'd be very thankful for some help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got exactly the same issue. Unfortunately the solutions here in this thread haven't solved it.

Has someone already solved this problem? Which folders do I need to change permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here in July 7th with just the same issue following just the same instructions. Clear steps on how to self-serve would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there

I'm getting the 'multiple spawn of lightrooms' issue. I've followed the recommended steps to no avail.

Please may you let me know which 'folders' I need to fix the permissions on. At the moment I can't use Lightroom nor Photoshop.

Thanks

James

Quit the application

Close all Adobe apps from activity monitor (Mac) & Task Manager (Windows) like:-

Now launch Lightroom & click on license it if ask.

Then close lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If its a Mac then the folder are

~/library/application support/ Adobe

/library/ Application support/ Adobe.

Give read & write permissions to all users & apply to enclose folders using gear icon.

If its a Windows.

C:/program files/Adobe

C:/program files/common/Adobe

C:/Program data/ Adobe

C:/program files (x86)/ Adobe

C:/program files (x86)/ Common/ Adobe

Also

For Mac if any Time Machine is connected or running then please stop it & disconnect it from the system & reboot the machine & try.

Please let me know the OS version you have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your colleague sorted me out. I shared the knowledge on the thread. Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried downloading there apps manager as well as changing the read write permissions. Neither has worked. The only way I can get the windows to stop multiplying is to force quit the apps manager. However one I'm in the Develop tab, it tells me that I need to purchase as subscription, which I already annually prepaid several months ago. This is beyond frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emailed photosup@adobe.com and got a phone call (that I missed) within about an hour or so, from Ashutosh. He followed up with an email asking for a good time to call again. A colleague of his (Somya Gupta) called at the time I gave and with remote access quickly resolved the problem. She said the problem had to do with the folder the licensing file is store in becoming corrupt. She went through the above mentioned solutions, and then some. She was way too fast for me to take notes. I didn't think I would get such a quick response, I only wish I had emailed sooner rather than spending hours trying to muddle through it myself!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem for the past couple of days. Tried all the solutions above but they didn't work. Then I found this on the Creative Cloud forum, and (fingers crossed) it's fixed it. Not all the steps may be necessary; someone commented they did just steps 1-3 and 10 and it worked.

1. Open Finder

2. Go to /Library/Application Support/Adobe

3. Delete the SLCache and SLStore folders (and delete SLStore_v1 if that's there too).

4. Right-click on the Adobe folder that you were just in, and click Get Info.

5. Click the lock and enter the admin name+password.

6. Add your active user account by clicking the + button and clicking Select.

7. Give Read & Write permissions to everyone listed at the bottom of the window.

8. IMPORTANT: Click the gear button at the bottom of the window and click Apply to Enclosed Items.

9. Click the lock to lock the folder once more.

10. Open any CC application; this should work now! (After maybe one "Sign-In Required," that is, but it shouldn't pop up more than once!)

Original post here: Re: "Sign in Required" Loop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chadwick110 for Adding that step as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soooooo much!!!! I followed the steps and it fixed my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines