• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple LR sync files

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting a warning that switching between LR Sync files is not advisable. I was not aware I had multiple sync files. How can i find the most current sync file and then set all devices to sync that file going forward? I use Mac and Apple devices.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have multiple Lightroom-Classic Catalogs?

Are you aware that you can only sync the Collections ( marked to sync) from one catalog in  one PC or Mac computer?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, somehow, I have multiple catalogs.  My devices are syncing different catalogs and I don’t know how to designate which catalog the devices should be syncing with.  I know which one I want them to sync with just don’t know how to set that up on each device.  Can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer with some details please-

What "Devices" are you using?

What Version Number of Lightroom are you using on each device?

How do you know you have multiple catalogs?

One subscription to the Photography plan would allow you to have multiple Lightroom-Classic catalogs (and only SYNC from ONE), but you can not have more than one 'Cloud' Catalog that mobile devices access.

It sure gets complicated!!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I'm gathering the information you asked for. How do i find the "cloud" catalog my ipad and iphone are syncing with?  I am using a Macbook Air, an older Mac Mini, and my ipad and iphone.  I will send you the version from the Mac Mini when i get home.  I am using LRC version 10.2 on my Macbook Air.  

To make it even more confusing i import using Lightroom Version 4.2 on my Macbook Air because that is what i have my external hard drive configured for.  I would love to figure out how to get all of my pictures on a hard drive, then wipe everything clean and then use the external hard drive for working on the Mac's and allowing sync so i can view the images I import into LRC on my ipad and iphone.

Any ideas how to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Consider this-

Lightroom-CLASSIC v10.2 is NOT really part of the Adobe Cloud system. It is like a sub-contractor that has limited functionality. You cannot expect to use both Lightroom-Classic and Lightroom together with full SYNC capabilties.

LrC must have local files on connected drives to work with its 'local' catalog.

Lr must have all your files stored in the Cloud.  ie. two totally different systems.

You cannot "find the Cloud Catalog" as it is 'in the Cloud' with the files. Every Mobile device with a Lightroom app must have access to the Cloud to work.

When you "import using Lightroom Version 4.2 " your files are in Cloud storage. (the mobile devices can have a local copy). Lightroom-Classic will Download copies to a connected hard-drive when Sync is on in LrC. Your "configured" drive would be the Preference option where the files download.

Importing to both LrC and Lr is a recipe for total confusion.

"allowing sync so i can view the images I import into LRC on my ipad and iphone."

The only way to achieve this is to place images in LrC Collections that are marked to Sync and proxy (smart previews) are uploaded to the Cloud for viewing (and limited editing) in Lr & Lr-mobile.

"I am using a Macbook Air, an older Mac Mini,"

You can use LrC on both of these, BUT only ONE can have the Classic Catalog that syncs with the Cloud.

I would see your system being (as I find suitable for my Windows PCs & phones)-

1) MacBook Air with Lr-Classic v10.2, one Catalog, with connected hard-drive. Sync turned 'on'

2) Mac Mini with Lightroom v4.2 (No Lr-Classic)

3) Mobile devices with Lightroom-Mobile

COMPARE LR & LR-CLASSIC (Lr Queen)

SYNC CLASSIC WITH ECOSYSTEM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines