• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple people using one catalog?

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in a maritime museum where we have photographs of many different boats that we work with. As our shipwrights work on a given boat, they document with photographs as they go. We've had trouble with organizing so many photos in the past, and think that light room could be a good solution. The idea is to have multiple people all with Lightroom installed on their phones but all syncing to the same cloud account. When they photograph their work, they can tag the photos appropriately and upload them to a single catalog. As long as the tagging is consistent, we should be able to search quickly in the future when we need reference photos.

The question I have is, is there a problem with 7 to 15 people all having instances of the Lightroom app on their phones but connecting up to a single catalog?  Does this cause any licensing problems? 
thanks?  Tom

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic is not a multi-user application.

Lightroom and Lightroom Classic allow photos to be shared in the cloud so anyone can view them, but I'm pretty sure only one user can add photos to the collections. That's one user ever, not one user at a time. If I create the cloud collection, at no point in the future can a second user, with a different Adobe user ID, add photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are simply wanting to use the organization/library side of Lightroom rather than it's processing/develop features. You are likely better off with a multi-user Digital Asset Management (DAM) program. Sorry, I can't suggest any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The info provided by other responders are relavent. The following can work, an "administrator" on a computer using Lightroom Classic which will house the Catalog file which can sync with multiple mobile devices signed into the same user ID. Images added by a mobile user will sync to the Cloud storage and then down to the LrC Catalog and additional edits will sync to all connected devices. Images deleted from a mobile device will be deleted from the Cloud storage but the original copy will remain in storage on the computer with Lightroom Classic. Just a thought.

LrC is single user and only one Catalog can be synced to a Creative Cloud account.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines