• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My computer is out of room, how do I move my Lightroom catalogue?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!  My computer is out of space.  How do I find where my Lightroom catalogue is on my PC and how do I move it to another location?  Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a Lightroom folder within the pictures folder, and that Lightroom folder contains the catalog and other relevant folders needed for the proper functioning of Lightroom. But the image files are not in the catalog. They are simply in folders on the hard drive. If the computer is "out of space" then your best option would be to add an external hard drive and move your image collection to that external hard drive and update the folder location in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the photos located? These take up much more space than the catalog file. If they are on the internal drive, MOVE the photos, not the catalog file. Instructions (see Part 2): http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would say it's more likely to be the images taking up the storage and not your lightroom catalogue. I suggest trying to find when the image are stored and moving them first. Once you have moved the images, you will then need to tell Lightroom where to find them.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines