• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My exports do not include my changes to my photos

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 11.4.1 on a PC Windows 11 Home.

I am a new user who has watched the tutorials. After uploading some photos, I've made some edits to them in Developer. I understand that these changes are only visible within Lightroom. My understanding is that I then export the photo and my changes will then be made into the file, so that I can see them in Windows Explorer, Windows Photo, etc. However, when I export the file, the resulting file does not include any of the changes that I made in Developer.

I did see a comment online about someone having this problem, and they advised people to change a setting in Adobe. I didn't really undertand why this would be a setting and why this setting would be by default unchecked--wouldn't everyone want to export their photos with their changes? This solution doesn't make sense to me. But regardless, I tried it, but changing this setting does not have an observable effect on my problem.

What is this newby doing wrong? Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving XMP has nothing to do with Exporting an edited file.

What file type are you Exporting too.  JPG, TIFF?  Lightroom Classic does not allow you to overwrite the Original file so it creates a NEW exported file with the adjustments baked in if you choose TIFF or JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using Windows 11 and do not experience the phenomenon you are mentioning. However, there is one option in the export menu that can possibly create the "problem", and that is if you should choose the option to export as original. If you should choose that option then your changes will NOT be included in the exported image. I have no idea if that applies in your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines