• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My folders section is not showing all folders from my external drive

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to access pictures in Lightroom from my external but only current folders that I have imported to are showing up. All of the folders show up on the external when I am importing but I can't get all of them to show up there in the folders panel. It was working yesterday but I did disconnect the EHD at one point during the day and I'm assuming that is part of the problem. The remainder of my pictures are now listed under missing. I am on Windows 10. I have had so much trouble with Lightroom CC on this laptop compared to my Macbook Pro. I might have to give up and go back to that one! Here are some screenshots. 

Screenshot 2022-01-09 121430.pngScreenshot 2022-01-09 121525.pngScreenshot 2022-01-09 121607.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshots don't clearly show your problem.

You say you did disconnect/reconnect the EHD and now your folders and photos are marked as "missing" (this is not what the screenshots shows, since there is no "?" in front of the folders).

If this is realy your problem, it's most likely because Windows assign an other letter to your EHD. To fix it, righ click on the top folder  ("My Lightroom Pictures"), select "Find missing folder and browse to your EHD.

When you connect a EHD or a USB key, Windows allways assign the first available letter in alphbetic order to mount it. Thus, the path to your EHD may change depending on what is alredy connected. To avoid this letter change, you can assign a letter far in the alphabet (like "P") or mount your EHD in a folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I didn't explain my issue correctly. Lightroom is finding the My Lightroom Pictures folder on my EHD but is only showing the 2022 folder. On the last screenshot, it shows all of the folders that are actually in the the My Lightroom Pictures folder on my EHD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen captures show lots of folders under My Lightroom Pictures. What is the difference between your first screen capture and your last screen capture?

I don't understand what you are seeing, but it is not what you just described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what shows if I were to import pictures and shows what is actually in my My Lightroom Pictures folder. I don't understand why all of those date folders don't show up in my Folders panel. I need to access my pictures that were already imported into Lightroom CC and are on my external in the same folders as my 2022 pictures. Previously, all the date folders always showed up in the folders panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I claim not. The bottom screen capture is not the Import dialog. The Import dialog box does not show disk space. What is it a screen capture of?

Have you tried to find one of the photos in other folders in Lightroom Classic via clicking on All Photographs and then doing a search by file name for one of these photos in the Lightroom Classic filter bar?

Can you show us new screen captures of these parts of Lightroom Classic by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon — showing the ENTIRE Lightroom Classic window, every single pixel, left to right and top to bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally Folders do not show up in the Folders Panel until you import photos to (Copy) them or from them (Add). The Folders Panel is not a file browser or file manager. Now you can add the desired folders to the Folders Panel, without importing, via the Add function within the Folders Panel, this is not standard operating procedure.

Do  not without good reason, rename or move folders imported into LrC outside of LrC, that will cause problems in the database that the catalog is. Do not allow Windows OS to rename hard drives, external drives come to mind. Do not move or rename photos outside of LrC as thst will cause the same problems,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote “I am trying to access pictures in Lightroom from my external but only current folders that I have imported to are showing up. All of the folders show up on the external when I am importing but I can't get all of them to show up there in the folders panel.”

That is as designed, LrC is not a file browser and Folders will not show in the Library Module Folder section until files from the folder or a sub-folder have been imported to the Catalog file.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I access past photos that are already in lightroom from 2021 that I want to edit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All image files that have been imported into your Lightroom Catalog file should be available for viewing and editing.

One important issue that you need to be aware of is, you can only open one Catalog File for viewing and editing at any point in time.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How would I access past photos that are already in lightroom from 2021 that I want to edit?

By @jodies2888

You can find them in All Photographs, using the Lightroom Classic search bar. From there you can find what Folder they are in by right-clicking and selecting Show Folder in Library. Once you do that, and show us a screen capture of the ENTIRE Lightroom Classic window, we can advise on how to proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines