Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Fuji X Tethered Capture Plug-in has been removed

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I woke up this morning and tried to shoot in the studio, and my Fuji X Tethered Capture plugin was no more! I had a notification from Adobe CC that it was gone. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Hi All,

Could you please try the following and let us know if you're able to tether with your Fuji X-T1, X-T2 or GFX camera?

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Adobe exchange page. Specifically the last line.

I AM FURIOUS!!!

"IMPORTANT NOTICE:

- The plug-in is compatible with Lightroom 6 or Classic CC. (To use on macOS Sierra, Lightroom Classic CC or Lightroom 6.7 or later is required.)

- The plug-in is NOT COMPATIBLE with the new Lightroom CC (2017)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just got screwed by Adobe. That's what happened.

From the Adobe "My Exchange" page:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE:

- The plug-in is compatible with Lightroom 6 or Classic CC. (To use on macOS Sierra, Lightroom Classic CC or Lightroom 6.7 or later is required.)

- The plug-in is NOT COMPATIBLE with the new Lightroom CC (2017)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent a request to Adobe for a refund.

But the damage goes far beyond $79.

I switched from Canon to Fujifilm after a lot of research. Part of that research was in regards to tethering. I am a studio product photographer and rely on live view frequently. I may have to sell my Fuji gear if this matter isn't resolved.

Did I mention I'm furious?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They've now released a GFX only plug-in. I just installed it and it works as expected with the GFX, but of course ignores the X-H1.

"FUJIFILM Tether Plugin PRO for GFX" for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Classic CC / 6 Ver.1.8 (Mac) |...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is great for GFX users.

I have no intention of upgrading my cameras. 

I am using an XT-1 and XT-2and very happy with them.

Hopefully if they updated the GFX software the update is coming for the XT 1 and 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are working with Fuji to get this resolved. Request for your co-operation and support while we are on it.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @akash_sharma. Your last response came as I was writing mine.

Do you have a timeline for us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi the_apostrophe,

We are working with Fuji's Add-on's team on the plugin compatibility. I do not have a time-frame as of now. We'll update this discussion as soon we have a resolution.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I had the same problem but I reinstalled fujifilm tether plug-in by download extension zxp file and use special program like "download anastasiy's extension manager" (It is explane on Install Instructions ). After that fuji tether plug-in for lightroom works with my X-T2 without problem.

Wojciech

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, me too.

I'll give it a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After contacting Fujifilm USA, they recommended I call Fuji support in New Jersey. 800-800-3854 Option #2 for Pro Digital.

I spoke to Steve.

He was very helpful, and very shocked.

No one at Fuji knew this was happening.

He promised to push this matter to the higher-ups.

He took my number and said he would call me back with any news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's refreshing RickUrb​. Hopefully that leads to some response.

Just shared this thread with Fujirumors, so hopefully a fuji-focused news source can help direct more attention to this issue as well.

Side note for everyone, the hostility and entitled responses in this thread are not going to be helpful at all. Akash Sharma​ has been helpful and tried to be as forthcoming as possible with this. Bugs arise, problems happen, and they will fix it or find another solution. No need to turn into a hyperventilating soccer mom over it. If you need immediate and direct responses, call or email their help desk, don't expect to be directly addressed while demanding things in a community forum.

Frankly, maybe this kind of break in the current program is a good way for us to get even more fully integrated support for our systems, not just third party plugins that are prone to breaking like this during the course of normal software updates. Take a chill pill, learn to adjust and make it work for now, and hopefully we'll all be on the other side of this shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a great idea sharing to fuji rumors, thank you!

And re the hyperventilating mom trick...

I was on the phone with adobe support for over an hour and a half and the customer service was deplorable.

I am 54 years old, been there and done that.

I will hyperventilate when I deem it is necessary, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, they were super responsive and already have a post up for it: https://www.fujirumors.com/latest-lightroom-update-removes-fujifilm-tethering-plug-in-adobe-and-fuji...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I just spent time buying and installing this plugin. Spoke to tech support twice and no one told me it does not work. Spent better part of my afternoon and early evening on this. I have a X-T2 and would like to learn tether shooting with LR before I start in with my GFX50S. Now it looks like I will not be able to do this. Fujifilm tech support better fix this quickly. This is outrageous that they are selling a plugin that does not work on professional camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go through the thread, you will find instructions to a workaround.

I agree that is not acceptable. 

Adobe and Fuji are working on the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest, just in by email from Fuji customer support (9.52am UK):

"We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Adobe software and tethered shooting plugin.

"This is a problem with the Adobe software, and not Fujifilm.  We believe Adobe are working on a fix as a high priority.  Hopefully this will be resolved within the next few days."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out how to install the plugin with ZXPinstaller and now I can shoot tether with my XT2. Took a few test shots yesterday. Worked fine. On another note, I do not understand why the GFX plugin is free and the XT1 & XT2 is a $79.00. The excuse Adobe gave was that it is for more than one camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same problem with LR Classic CC  vs 7.2.  I suddenly found I couldn't tether whilst on a job.  I couldn't in front of the client spend time sorting this out for my Fujifilm GFX so I switched to my sony A7riii.  

When got home, I noticed the Fujifilm tethering pro software had vanished.  So I reinstalled it and the tethering was back to normal.

This happened around 2 weeks ago.

Hope this problem can be sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this fix works.

I was having the same issues and used the method above.

I shoot tethered in my classroom so it is vital that I can show the effects of different camera settings.

The secondary method posted earlier in the thread with Fuji x acquire (Free) also works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Could you please try the following and let us know if you're able to tether with your Fuji X-T1, X-T2 or GFX camera?

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash

Do you want x-pro2 owners to do this too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines