Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My images look different in Library than Develop

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I have a problem with Lightroom Classic in my MacBook Pro and I hope you guys can help me.
I have been using Lightroom Classic with no problems, but suddenly yesterday I saw that when I'm at the "LIBRARY" module, I see the RAW file as they are (with a button that I'm not sure I have seen before that says "EMBEDDED PREVISUALIZATION"); but when I go to "DEVELOP", my images seem to be edited when they are not, with very bright colors.
Nothing seems to fix the problem, and I've tried everything. I even did the classic "turn it off, turn it on" thing lol.
When I import, I use the default settings that have always been on, that is "Create previsualizations: embedded and sidecar".
I'll attach some screenshots. The names are in Spanish but the keywords are these:
BIBLIOTECA = LIBRARY
PREVISUALIZACION INCRUSTADA = EMBEDDED PREVISUALIZATION
REVELAR = DEVELOP

Captura de Pantalla 2021-08-06 a la(s) 19.30.19.pngCaptura de Pantalla 2021-08-06 a la(s) 19.30.28.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preview you see in Library is not generated by Lightroom. It's the embedded jpg preview generated by the camera – Previsualizacion Incrustada.

This has happened because you chose Embedded & Sidecar under File handling > Build previews in the Import dialog.

In the future, choose Standard or 1:1 instead.

LR-embedded-and-sidecar-1.png

To force Lightroom to build its own previews for already imported images, select them all in Library, and go to the Library menu > Previews, and choose Build Standard-size previews or Build 1:1 previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Per!

I tried importing the images with Standard and 1:1 Build Previews, and the problem persists. Now, with these 2 options, not even when I'm at the Library module I can see the RAW files, now they are both "processed" or made JPG.
Is there anything else I can try? I tried erasing the cache memory from Lightroom but I'm not sure if I did it correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines