• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My library does not show my galleries that link to my hard drive anymore? Where are they?

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh I really do not knwo how to explain myself. I am a photographer. I usually go to lightroom classic click LIBRARY at the top then over on the left under FOLDERS I usually see a long list of galleries that are on my hard drive. I access them there edit etc. 

But I had an editor help me with some editing. She sent me the lcat files and I ended up double clicking the lcat file, lightroom restarted and it only showed the galllery she edited. The rest of my list is gone? 

How do I get back to my edits and links to my other galleries. I am trying to stay level headed and know there is a way to get back there to my 25 or so galleries... please say there is a way! 

I added a movie hoping it would help you understand what I am asking

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to File > Open Recent, and you should find your catalog there.

Ligtroom can only have one catalog (lrcat file) open at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok great.. I got to another gallery from there... but it does not have all 25 or more of my galleries in "recent" how do I get lightroom to display them all together again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you created several catalogs?

If so, they will most likely all be found under File > Open recent, if you used them recently.

If you have several entries under Open recent, try to open every one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all I see there. I have maybe 25 catalogs... at least 5 I opened and worked in yesterday Andrea DeWitt, Aurielle Family etc. and none are there? I am starting to sweat now... WHat is frustrating is I have no idea how ot research what it is I am trying to get back to... See where it says 

All I know is under Russell hard drive under the FOLDERS area it used to show all the albums I had worked on there. Now it has only the lcat file I am trying to access 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please use the Insert Photos icon in the toolbar to insert screenshots directly.

Insert-photos.png

The screenshot shows that you're trying to import from another catalog, which is not what you want to do (at least not yet).

Did you try to open every catalog listed under  File > Open Recent?

A catalog is a database, that contains the edits and other metadata for images you imported from folders.

The catalog does not contain your images, they are in folders on your hard drive.

Also note that "gallery" is not a concept in Lightroom Classic.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines