• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Lightroom 6 purchase no longer works query?

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, hope all's well. May I ask someone connected with Adobe why my legitamate purchase of Lightroom 6 is suddenly no longer allowing me to open the progam, due to adobe blocking this process?

When this application was bought it was independent of any controls, I installed it and used it. Now, adobe is blocking me from using it...WHY? Please inform me ASAP as I'm losing money and if this is not resolved amicably my lawyer suggests sending adobe a bill for every hour that's been wasted by this inconvenient control mechanism. Hopefully there's a legitimate reason for this...I would like to know why this has suddenly happened please. 

N J.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not Adobe in this channel, we're just Lightroom Classic users, and we can't speak on behalf of Adobe. You might want to address your concerns directly to Adobe, not us.

However, I'm relatively sure that Adobe is not blocking anything, as other LR 6 users currently see their software working.

What is the exact error you get when you try to open the software? What operating system version NUMBER are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEllo - Adobe is Closed until next week. Those of us here answering are just advanced users.

However, if your copy of LR6 was working, what changed? New OS?

And on that note, please tell us your operating system, computer, and what happened just before this started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include the following in your question:

• Adobe product and version number, Lightroom 6, what exact version, v6.14?
  • Operating system and version number, Windows, Windows 7, 8, 10, 11? And what vresion/build
  • The full text of any error message (s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two links that may provide info-

v6 End of The Road Draws Nearer?

v6 is Falling Apart- Petapixel article

And if it is an 'Activation' problem- see this forum thread:

!!! Lightroom 6 Activation/Deactivation - Notify CAREEEESA

(You won't achieve anything, other than frustration, by sending a "bill" to Adobe.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines