Exit

My Lightroom is very slow after the rosetta mode activation

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone !

I hope you are great.

I am a new on mac, first my photos were blur on lightroom then i contacted the support and they activated the rosetta mode, after that my photos were clear 🙂

Since the activation of rosetta, my lightroom is very slow. 😞 

Have you ever encountered this problem?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Jenani

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom Classic are you using (do Help>System Info and post a screenshot of the first 10 lines).

Also, what Mac computer are you using? And what version of MacOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 🙂 Thanks for your reply. 

I attached the details about my lightroom to this comment.

I am using the macbook pro M1 13`.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my photos were blur on lightroom

Please expand on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on the camera the photos were clear , but not on lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and they activated the rosetta mode

Yes, that statement just begs to ask, what version of LrC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I joined my lightroom details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So v10.3. Why would the Adobe Techs advise Rosetta on v10.3? Big point on v10.3 was native M1 support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new/2021-3.html#apple-silicon

Are you tethering your camera perhaps? That would call for Rosetta, still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone here know when this Tethering in Rosetta-Mode will be a thing of the past? 
It is very inconvenient and the Rosetta Mode is way slower than the native one 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe hasn't shared any additional information and I don't expect they will until Rosetta mode is no longer required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may not be aware macOS is now at version Big Sur 11.5 any specific reason you are still at version  11.2.3?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is torture going over photos with a client in Lghtroom on Rosetta. Capture One runs like a charm, no Rosetta, no lag. I am looking forward to the day Adobe fixes this tethering issue with the M1 Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines