• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My new 2022 folder has been saved under 2021-11-06, how can I move it out and into 2022?

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My new camera downloads fron 2022 are being save in a 2021 folder  as a subfolder. Is there anyway to stop this and move them.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to correct the Import dialog box settings under "Destination". Can you show us a screen capture of your Import dialog box (use the "Insert Photos" icon to include screen captures in your reply, do not attach files)

Yes, you can move the folder, in LightrooM Classic, drag the folder to whatever other parent folder you want it to be underneath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask how to create a 2022 folder to drag them into if I don't have one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Folders Panel-

1) Right-click on the 'Parent' folder that is ABOVE your 'year' folders-

2022-01-25 14_07_59-.jpg

2) Choose [Create Folder Inside "Your selected Folder"....]

3) And before you hit [Create] in the next dialog- note that if you have images selected, you can automatically have ALL the selected photos moved into this new folder in the same [Create] action. ie. You do not even have to Drag&Drop selected photos!

2022-01-25 14_08_56-Create Folder.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are fabulous- but...

It seems I have things set up incorrectly as the "parent" folder above my years is my HD... Is there any way to fix this? 

Thank you for any help you might be able to offer,

K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to create the '2022' folder as instructed, and then drag and drop the two highlighted folders onto this new folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines