• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My page settings can't be set

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I want to edit the page settings, I get a print window.... What's happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

You do that via Print to JPEG in Print Job, where you can set custom dimensions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR I go to the print-tab. Then I want to prepare my pages, so I would like to add A2-pages, because I will print on these pages. 
I press the page-setting-tab at the left of te screen. At that moment I get a print-settings-box...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think on PC both the Print Setting and Page Setup go to the Print Settings dialog.. you should be able to set paper sizes in Print Settings on PC.. Mac user here.

Here's what Help says:

Select a printer and paper size

The Print module has buttons that open the Print Setup dialog box (Windows) or Page Setup dialog box (Mac OS) to set the print orientation and paper size, and that open the Print Setup dialog box (Windows) or Print dialog box (Mac OS) to choose a printer and specify printer driver settings.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what if you want to install a paper size A2 for a printer which is not yet connected to your own network? 
In my case I want to make soms JPEG-printfiles with size A2, because the printer at school prints on A2.
At home normally if I'd have a Mac I would be able to install a print size A2 for any printer, because then I would have got the chance to choose between two boxes: page-settings and print-settings..
But I haven't got a Mac, so I only have a box with to click on which is called 'page-settings' but immediately it opens print-settings. In this box I can't choose any printer, only the printers which are connected through the network. 
So I presume there is no possibility to prepare pages A2 when not connected to a A2-printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do that via Print to JPEG in Print Job, where you can set custom dimensions. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here is a sample set up for an A2 print ("Print" to a JPG file)

Setting the 'PPI'  and Custom File Dimensions, determines the 'Pixel' dimensions of the exported JPG file!

This example would create a JPG file that is  3960 x 5616 pixels sRGB.   (16.5in x 240ppi = 3960 pixels)

Print.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for your tips and advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines