• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My thoughts on Adobe

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone remember the days when anyone could use LR. You paid your bucks, updated it every couple of years. But this was before Creative Cloud (I'm an old geezer) and Adobe decided the programs were less importance than customer numbers; you see, they want  the bucks rolling in.

Like a fool, this is my second try at LR on cloud. Lost all my work. Oh, they are there, alright, just most of the files can't be found, can't be edited, but I can still look at them (so far) and, at my great age, recall the memories that went with them and the fun I had editing. But that was long ago, when I was young and thought Photoshop and Elements and LR offered something to a Luddite like me. But that was then.

Yes, Adobe might have meant something at one time. No longer. Not to me. It's confusing as hell and, just to make certain we are forever befuddled, they make it impossible to find a way to actually contact someone! I've resorted to this because it's about my only option short of slitting my throat or calling the paddy wagon. 

What these techno giants are doing is draining all joy and value from whatever it is they offer. There is no there with Adobe. It's just like the pictures I see on my computer; they are not really there. And I can't even find someone to scream at, so I'll do it here. 

Thanks for nothing, Adobe and gang. And gang is the operative word.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barking_up_the_wrong_tree

You see, very few of us on this community page work for Adobe. And Adobe rarely looks at it. (that might be improving)

Try constructive objervations over at:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872?cType=PROBLEM&page=...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteLR on cloud.

As you say, nothing is lost. To assist you, we need more information.

Are you using Lightroom (Cloud version) or Lightroom Classic (Catalog).

When you say you can look at them but cannot edit, do you mean you can view them inside Lightroom or are you veiwing them on your hard drive via Mac Finder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the monthly LR classic. I view pictures inside lightroom and have imported them from there. I clearly have no understanding of the cloud or this version and have become almost hopelessly confused because the total imported is almost 4 times the original and yet have the black exclamation sign saying many are missing. I can see the photo in library but cannot work on those. But, the more I search around, I am finding the originals (mostly scanned photos from the days of film). Is it possible the lost files are a result of changes made to the original or because I have dragged them to folders for better organization and inadvertently caused other issues? I also see in upper right corner of picture copies what looks like a white exclamation sign which, when clicked, asks if I want to overwrite changes made by other programs or import from disk. Again, I'm not sure what I should do. I appreciate this, thanks.

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is it possible the lost files are a result of changes made to the original or because I have dragged them to folders for better organization and inadvertently caused other issues?"

If you moved/renamed folders and/or photos outside of Lightroom Classic, then yes.

see: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders by Ian Lyons

a screenshot would help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I also see in upper right corner of picture copies what looks like a white exclamation sign which, when clicked, asks if I want to overwrite changes made by other programs or import from disk."

see: Adobe | Advanced Metadata Actions in Lightroom Classic

Also, a screenshot will be helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, to be nicer, should you desire assistance from fellow customers, please post your problem.

When you do, please include the exact program name and version. For this community page that would be Lightroom Classic, if you have a subscription. And probably. v10.3. And your OS.

one thing noted

this is my second try at LR on cloud

Ok, that involves a highly dumb mistake by Adobe Marketing, that they still do not own up to. Product naming, Product renaming, Especially the Cloud monkyer, Creative Cloud, CC. Implied the software runs on the cloud. It dies not. Boy would that slow performance down. Nope, they were referring to acquiring the software via the cloud as opposed to a CD, and the possibility of saving to the cloud (optional for LrC) 

Also, that statement causes many fellow members to wonder if you are talking about Lightroom Classic , or Lightroom

• Lightroom Classic, LrC,  runs on computer, uses catalog (database) on computer, by default stores photos on computer.
  • Lightroom, Lr, runs on computer, uses a Album stored in the Cloud, stores photos on the cloud
  • Lightroom is also known as Lightroom Desktop (another Adobe marketing gem) Adobe Cloudy (a polite nickname in this community) and to me, not so nice Lightroom POS

An issue is Lr is a lot less capable than LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines