• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NAS crashed, how to sync de catalog with the back up files

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hopefully somebody can help me. This week my NAS crashed. All the photos in my lightroom catalog were on the NAS. The catalog itself and the lightroom backup are not, so I still have access to them.

So I can still see my entire catalog in lightroom, but not with my photos. I do have the photos on another hard drive as a backup, but outside of lightroom.

Is there a way to get everything back in lightroom, or at least get my backup photos together with the catalog?

And if not, if I send my NAS to get my files back, will I be able to do it then? Or will I still have the same problem?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provided the folder structure of the photos on the backup drive is identical to the structure on the NAS, relinking your catalog to the backup is a fairly simple process, see this post: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that since the NAS crashed, you will put your backups on an ordinary hard disk or SSD. So to point Lightroom Classic to the new disk where the photos are, see these instructions (particularly Figure 4 and associated text).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines