• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit Search

Navigator can not see my hard drive

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to learn Lightroom Classic a few years ago but didn't get on with it very well, I have decided to try again following an online course but I've fallen at the first hurdle because my Mac can not see my internal hard drive from the Navigator screen, I don't know how to fix this, does anyone have any suggestions please?

I also seem to have a lot of files and folders in my pictures folder that have been created over the years by Lightroom, could they be causing an issue, I've thought about uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom Classic but I'm not sure that would get rid of anything that might be causing a conflict. I have put a screen grab below marking the files and folders that I am concerned about, any help would b gratefully received! thank you.

Annie

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot shows an empty catalog. No images have been imported yet, so Lightroom Classic does not show any folders either because it only shows those folders that contain images that were imported. Leave the other files and folders in place. Most are helper files and presets that Lightroom Classic creates itself. The Lightroom Library.lrlibrary does not belong to Lightroom Classic, but Lightroom (the cloud version).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, that makes total sense, much appreciated 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines