• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Navigator missing individual import files

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Creative Suite on a desktop computer. I have been using Lightroom Classic CC for about two years. I came back from a three month trip with about 1500 pictures in my camera. I went through my library and deleted unwanted photos before loading such a large number of new ones. There was also a software update that occurred. After importing the new photos I no longer have individual imports by date. I can only access photos by going to "all photos" and scrolling through them. I have NO idea what happened and how to restore the files by their import date. Did I accidentally click on something or overwhelm the system? Any ideas?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you import? Using "Add" and imported the photos already in place, or did you use "Copy" and let LrC manage the folders?

Where are you missing "the date" exactly? In the folder panel?

There are no "imports by date" as such. The folder panel shows you the folder structure as it is in explorer/finder.

Please share some more details or a screen capture.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For two years I have been inserting the flash card from my camera into my computer and while in Library mode I select "Import" on the bottom right of Lightroom. I uncheck all boxes and select only those new photos that I want imported. I then choose what I want to import. They go to the filmstrip at the bottom. From that point on they would appear as a group under "Navigator" by the day that they were imported. If I were looking for pictures I took while on a trip on July 4, 2019 I could go to Navigator and scroll down the list that appeared to the year 2019 and then look for July 4. I could click on that and the photos from that import group would appear in the film strip. Now when I open Navigator there is absolutely nothing in it. To look at my imports I have to go to "Catalog" and "view all photos".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well ... I'm not sure what exactly occurred, but I randomly selected a recently imported photo in "Catalog - All Photographs" and right clicked on it. I selected "go to folder in library" from the drop down menu and Voila!, all the folders reappeared. When I couldn't find the folders anywhere on the left side I incorrectly remembered them as being in Navigator, so I was looking in the wrong place (I'm 66 so I'll play the age card). Anyway, the "Catalog" had been empty too. I guess the app was a bit glitchy because my library is overloaded and I did a lot of deleting and then uploaded a lot all at once. The folders are back anyway 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Folders' panel may have been toggled 'Off'. Try right-clicking on any of the left side header panels (e.g. Catalog), then from context list, click on 'Folders'. This should toggle the 'Folders' panel back 'On' again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already tried that. It is toggled on for everything, except if I right click on the "Navigator " bar nothing happens. Meaning that no such menu drops down to choose options when I right click on "Navigator"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines