Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help reinstating photos in LR

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

After a really long day shooting an event last week, instead of deleting 'previous import' files I accidentally deleted all files in LR classic. I didn't just 'remove from LR" I deleted. 

My previous LR backup was just a few days prior with no significant changes since. 

After deleting I did not back up LR again. 

Using time machine I reinstated the files. 

I then imported one folder of images to see if they would be recognized by LR and all the changes / keywording etc would automatically be reinstated. But they weren't . 

How can I get the files and the LR catalogue to talk to each other again. 

I have 18,000 files that were edited and keyworded. 

Any advice would be SO welcome. 

thank you

Maria

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Reimporting images is the wrong thing to do.

If the photos are in their original locations after you restore the backups of your photos, then just open the backup of the catalog file and everythiing should work

Otherwise, you will have to re-connect the photos in LrC to their new location. Open the backup of the LrC catalog and then follow these instructions (pleaase see Figure 4): https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/need-help-reinstating-photos-in-lr/td-p/13074572

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reimporting images is the wrong thing to do.

If the photos are in their original locations after you restore the backups of your photos, then just open the backup of the catalog file and everythiing should work

Otherwise, you will have to re-connect the photos in LrC to their new location. Open the backup of the LrC catalog and then follow these instructions (pleaase see Figure 4): https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/need-help-reinstating-photos-in-lr/td-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG that worked INSTANTLY! I was so nervous about this but I opened the backup fo the catalog file and bingo - everything reappeared.

thank you SO much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Maria Falconeror MODERATOR: Please mark the reply from dj_paige as correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've marked the appropriate post as "correct answer"

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why you would want to delete "previous import" files. Previous import simply take you to the folder of images that you last imported. It is a quick method to return to your most recent activity. After you import again, those images and their folder will begin showing up in the folder history in LrC.

If you delete "previous import" files then you are deleting images from your most recent import. Is that really what you intended to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it was - a bit confusing sorry but I really didn't want the last imported images 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines