• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with Lightroom permissions settings after buying a new iMac

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently replaced my old iMac with a new one - and now I can't import my photos to Lightroom. I get the message "could not copy a file to the destination folder because it is not writable". I haven't been able to find the destination folder for the photos to fix the permissions. My new mac is running Big Sur 11.5 and I have the lastest Lightroom version as of 7/24/21. Can anyone here help???

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The latest version" doesn't mean anything, because there are two versions of Lightroom: Lightroom (desktop) and Lightroom Classic. So which one is it?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry. I use Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have the lastest Lightroom version as of 7/24/21. 

Yep, that is not exactly a good statement when looking for assistance, Would be better to state

I have Lightroom Classic version nn.n  (where nn.n is an actual number)

Perhaps you mean version 10.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry. I'm running LR Classic 10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide details of how you got Lightroom Classic installed on your new Computer? Did you Download the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application and use the App to install LrC or did you use the migrate feature from Apple?

As indicated by another responder you can set up permissions from the Apple preferences. It's possible to allow LrC full disk access or allow access to specific folders and files.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The destination folder is the folder you select as destination in the Import dialog. Your new iMac is no doubt running MacOS Catalina or higher, and in those MacOS versions you need to give Lightroom Classic special permissions to access certain folders:

catalinasecurity.png

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines