• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New 2020 MacBook Pro trying to run Lightroom Classic after install and only the splash screen shows

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a 2020 Macbook Pro with the M1chip.  I installed Creative Cloud and have been able to successfully run and use Photoshop, however, Lightroom Classic only shows the splash screen and then disappears.  Any tips on how I can get this to run?  I'd like to transfer my previous catalog from my older Macbook Pro, but I can't even get the app to open.  Help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this article might help: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-not-launching-after-splash-screen.html

If that doesn't help, try uninstalling/reinstalling via the Creative Cloud desktop app.

If that doesn't help, you could try doing a clean uninstall / reinstall:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling. Make sure not to pull the old preferences as that could be the culprit.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a small number of similar reports from other macOS customers over recent weeks, and not specific to the M1. Unfortuantely, refreshing the preference file has not resolved the issue. As such, the solution for the majority has been to remove the application as described in the second link provided by John Ellis, but do try the first link before resorting to a resinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate the replies.  Unfortunately, none of these worked.  I ended up having to create a new user with admin privileges on my MacBook.  When clicking to open Lightroom, it worked perfectly fine.  So, I transferred all of my info from the original admin account on the new computer and deleted it to begin using the new user account I created.  So far, so good.  However, I'd like to know what the glitch is that caused the problem.  Thanks again for your responses!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines