• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New computer: LR keeps trying to write to the wrong drive

Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Win 10 computer, which I have set up same as old computer.  I have all photos on an external drive and catalog on computer hard drive. I now have LR aware of (and using) that drive.  It's drive D; LR sends me an error message that it cannot write to drive E, so sync may not work, etc.  (I have a screenshot if needed.)  The program reads the D drive; all my photos are there and editable; and everything generally seems to be working fine.  (Running the latest version, and that's now the only catalog in my Pictures library.)

I obviously did something wrong when migrating from one computer to the other.  (I have LR on both, and the old one is working fine--I just have to move D drive from one to the other as needed.) 

Is there some way I can tell LR not to be looking for a non-existent E drive?

Gail

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

That message most likely comes from the following issue: in the Lightroom Sync preferences, you (still) have the E drive set as location for images that are downloaded from the cloud, like images shot with your smart phone. Change that location by clicing on the 'Choose' button.

1 2021-12-12 15-23-52.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen captures would be very helpful. Use the "Insert Photos" icon to include screen captures in your reply. Do not attach files.

I would like clarification on a certain point ... what specific action in LrC causes this error about drive E?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I won't bother posting any screenshots. The problem was solved
by correcting the sync, which was apparently set to some invisible E drive.
I appreciate your response, though.
Gail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That message most likely comes from the following issue: in the Lightroom Sync preferences, you (still) have the E drive set as location for images that are downloaded from the cloud, like images shot with your smart phone. Change that location by clicing on the 'Choose' button.

1 2021-12-12 15-23-52.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That has worked. I don't know how you figured that out, since
whatever that E drive was was entirely invisible to me.

Gail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MPDAEF wrote:
Thanks. That has worked. I don't know how you figured that out, since
whatever that E drive was was entirely invisible to me.

Gail

It's a common problem, so as soon as I hear that there is an error that mentions sync, I know enough.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines