• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New hardware with same Drive. No activation possible.

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.14:

Windows 10 64bit

I have installed new hardware (motherboard, CPU, RAM) in my computer with the same, old SSD. Now I can't use my Lightroom due to to many activated copies. How can I solve this problem?

- The deactivation via the account service is not possible.

- Installing (and therefore deactivating) on the old system is not possible. Because the SSD is the same. I have not installed my Windows new.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computers can be identified by various attributes. Speaking of this for the purpose of identifying what computer a application is installed on. Could include:

Computer Name, that you or the OS created

MAC address of a component, likely of the NIC

MAC address of a chip on the MB

S/N or other data in the copy of the OS

S/N or other value in an App

You replaced much of the hardware, that hardware represents a new computer as far as licensing authentication if any might exist.

This would be more clear for the subscription model of LrC, V6 had variations/options in licensing/registration, that muddies this up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fabian5E4F also posted in the existing bug-report thread where an Adobe employee currently deals with such issues:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-activation-or-deactivation-versions-o...

So no need to continue the conversation here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines