• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Lightroom Classic 10.3 running slower than rosetta version on M1 Macbook Air

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything seems buggy, the machine is heating up, which it never did before, big lags using tools like healing repair brush and the adjustment brush. rendering delays. What is going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the setting of Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.. It had a custom setting.. With "Use GPU for display" checked. I turned it to Automatic and things have improved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi unfortunately, this didn't turn out to be a permanent solution. As I began working through images, the machine became slower and slower. As if you used the healing tool too many times, except that it carries over to the next images. So it cumulatively gets slower and hotter. You can feel the machine heating up. I haven't had this with the Macbook M1 until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, I have the same issue on my Macbook Pro 13 and M1 processor. Under Rosetta LRC 10.2 was running perfectly and now with the native version 10.3 it's much slower than before. 

Especially if you use the Spot Removal Tool or raidal/gradient filter the laptop is nearly unusable anymore and you have to wait seconds until you make an additional click. Furhtermore the laptop gets really hot on the base unit, never had this before. 

I alreay have "Automatic" GPU turned on so is there a solution for this problem or a known issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fix of switching the graphics to Automatic turned out not to be a fix. There's something else going on that's causing the processor to go crazy and slow down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does it perform when Use Graphics Processor is set to Off?  In practice, the GPU often provides little advantage unless you're on a 4K or larger display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It makes no difference if GPU is turned off or on it's just unusable with 10.3 native. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with the M1 Macbook Air. Even moving from image to image there is a delay, a white spinning wheel in the lower right hand corner of Lightroom and even the rainbow spinning wheel when trying to copy previous edits to the next image. Even my 2016 Macbook Pro handled this with ease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you. After every click you see this annyoing rainbox spinning whell and on LRC 10.2 with Rosetta this never happend. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is definitely a bug in LRC 10.3 (ARM Version) because I changed nothing on any Lightroom settings. It also makes no difference if I enable/disable GPU acceleration. 

I hope Adobe will fix this problem as fast as possible. It's rediculous that LRC 10.2 runs with Rosetta faster than LRC 10.3 native. Come on Adobe and make a better quality management before relasing new versions!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting: If I use LRC 10.3 Intel version it runs much smoother and faster than the native ARM version but in my opinon LRC 10.2 was still faster. 

The initial question is one week ago and still no feedback/answer from Adobe. You have to pay monthly but if you need support nobody cares about. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are basing lack of Adobe Tech response by their non response in this community page, in this discussion, then you have made a common error, a bad assumption.

Ahh, I see that you are a new member, see:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/what-is-using-the-community-used-for/td-p/1120890...

Adobe Techs largely do not monitor the community pages, they largely do not respond.

This is a site for customers to communicate.

The site to attempt to get Adobe Tech support is the official feedback site, Link below to page on LrC problems:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872?cType=PROBLEM&page=...

As for actually talking to an Adobe Tech, start out by chatting (link on every Adobe site) then during the chat, assert that you need a phone call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest on an official Adobe website (community.adobe.com) since Adobe doesn't reply here we have to surmise they are giving a middle finger to us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Adobe hosts this site for the expressed purpose of letting customers communicate to one another. They have no attention for using it for Tech Support, they have the feedback site, and Chat, for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not what people expect. 
If you don't have a solution please stop proecting Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines