• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Lightroom Classic update recognizes external HD but not the contents

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I performed a regular update of LR Classic and suddenly I am not able to import photos into LR from my external HD. Lightroom is recognizing the disc but not showing any of the contents.

I am able to access all of the contents of the HD via finder which confirms the HD is not corrupted.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what platform and what version of LRC are you using? Is harddrive showing up in finder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. My computer crashed and when I installed new LRC all photos show up in Folders but are not accessible in LRC. When I locate in finder it goes right to them, they're visible, but I cannot Develop. In order to import phtos in existing Folders, I have to Uncheck All, then Check All. The import destination is Pictures/Lightroom. It cannot be changed. The imported photos go to my desktop harddrive not the external drive where everything is stored, which is not where I want them. And, yes, the harddrive is showing up in Finder.

Thank you.

I have LRC 11.4, Camera Raw 14.4

Mac OS 12.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not helpful, but my computer died. The reinstalled LRC is on the new M1 desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Thank you. That worked.

The simplest answer that eluded me for weeks of frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines