• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New LRC collections do not sync to LR

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been syncing collections from LRC to LR for a couple of years. The only change in my setup is the addition of two new collections inside a new folder in LRC.  The collections are both set to sync (the two-way arrow to the left of the collection icon as well as the pop up dialogue indicate this). Neither of the collections shows up ar all in LR mobile.  
Any tips appreciated!

Thanks.  
Mac OS and iOS. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Do you suggest I repost there now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no. i already moved your post to the lrc forum (though i wasn't sure if lr would have been better).  do you think lr would be better than lrc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is best. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marcello M 

(you're welcome.)  (and continue discussing with @Rob_Cullen for help.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marcello M  I might suggest your first step is to check and see if the image smart previews actually synced UP to the Adobe Cloud.

In a Web browser (Safari?) Sign in at-  https://lightroom.adobe.com/  and look for the images (and Albums) there.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  They did not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...for a couple of years..."- And are you running the latest v12.2.1 of Lightroom-Classic?

What is shown in the Cloud icon?

2023-04-03 05_07_21-.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All CC applications are up to date, so yes, it is the lataste version.

It gets worse, unfortunately. I can no longer open LRC. I tried about an hour ago and got a message that the latest catalog file was corrupt and needed repair. I went ahead with the repair. Now, even after a reboot, I get a message that the catalog file is in use by another application. There are, to my knowledge, no other instances of LRC (or LR) open. Two reboots later, no dice. 

I am running an iMac 5K retina 27" 2017 with 48 GB RAM.

If at all relevant: I'm getting intermittent java script errors when I try to load Vero.

I really appreciate the kind support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempts to load latest update of PS is also failing now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About the PS update: seems the download is being stopped by antivirus (must be OS based). Am looking for a way to turn it off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.  Let's put this on pause. My iMac is suddenly having other issues.  I'll come back to this when they're resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I can no longer open LRC. .... got a message that the latest catalog file was corrupt and needed repair."

A corrupt catalog usually (99% of the time) requires a restoration from a Backup. (TBMK "Repair" seldom works.)

RESTORE A CATALOG FROM BACKUP

"I get a message that the catalog file is in use by another application."

This occurs when LrC crashes or is interrupted and a {.LOCK} file is left behind next to tthe catalog. To correct see- LOCK FILE DELETION - LR-CLASSIC 

I hope your iMac issues get resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  
I uninstalled LRC yesterday.  I am fully backed up to two external drives (Chronosync).  When I tried to reinstall, the reinstall failed. 
The iMac has had trouble w updates (OS and third party) over the last 48 hrs. 
I will sort that out first. 
I am grateful for the forum and your kindness in particular. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines