Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Mac computer setup with Time Machine Back Up from old Mac computer

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

We bought a new iMac 6 weeks ago and then purchased the Lightroom Classic and Photoshop package shortly afterwards on a monthly payment. A hardware fault was diagnosed on the Mac yesterday and a new replacement provided. We backed up to Time Machine before going to the store for the replacement. When asked, the Apple support guys said not to worry about the photos as both LrC and Ps would transfer over to the new machine and all collections and catalogs would still be available. Phew, we were relieved to hear that. 

Having set up from the Time Machine back up, both LrC and Ps apps are available in the dock. When I clicked on the LrC app in the dock it opened as normal, I can see the photo imports, collections etc down the left side and was able to click on my last import and the thumbnails appeared on the screen. However, an Adobe box then popped up saying Start your free trial of Lightroom Classic or go ahead and buy now. It then offers the options of 'Start a free trial' , 'Buy now' or 'Quit' and we can no longer access anything underneath it on the screen. 

The same happens with Ps, we can see all our images in thumbnails on the screen but the Adobe box pops up saying exactly the same as the LrC one above.

Have we done something wrong?  What do we need to do to rectify this issue to access our images please? All help with really be appreciated.

Thank you

Suzi

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Adobe Creative Cloud application and make sure you are logged in. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although you are seeing that the applications and their documents got restored OK, it’s possible that the subscription/licensing information wasn’t restored if the Adobe licensing software got suspicious because it’s detecting that it is now on a different computer.

If that’s the case, then thedigitaldog’s suggestion will help: If you open the Creative Cloud desktop application and make sure you are signed into your paid account on this new Mac, then everything should start working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Conrad C and thedigitaldog

Thank you so much for your replies.

I had signed in to the creative cloud with my normal email address which had allowed me in but had not given me access to the Photography plan as I expected it should. What I had forgotten was, when I created the Adobe account I did it by logging in with Apple. This created a hidden email address, now I have found that and signed in with it everything is hunkydory!

Just have one issue left to solve about some missing folders in Lightroom. If I can’t work that one out I’ll be back 🙂

Many thanks again, you made my brain think lol…

Kind regards

Suzanne

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines