• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Brush tool retains settings of previous image

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to quickly skip to the next picture to edit while staying in a brush setting without having to reopen the mask tool again and click on brush and clicking on setting. I am unable to do that now with the new mask update. Have any of you been able to figure out how to quickly go to the next picture while staying in the same brush setting? So when I go to the next picture, it automatically opens the brush tool in the previous setting, instead of having to go through so many steps to open it again for each individual picture. Many thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

You can have it either way.

It is controlled by the "Reset Sliders Automatically" setting at the bottom of the masking adjustments:

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 7.45.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Just press the 'K' key. If you want the brush to retain its settings, then uncheck the option to reset all sliders at the bottom of the brush settings panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, although I agree with the desagrement to press K key at every next photo, I think we have to understand the way the brush works in recent LR versions : it creates a blank layer mask, and such layer mask cannot be automaticaly created when just selecting a new photo (the same with other tools related to layer masks).

Brush tool is not just a "tool", it's a layer mask which can be modified with a brush.

Compared to the white balance tool which does not rely on mask and is kept selected from a photo to another. It's a tool on its own, it does not create a layer mask.

Hope that helps !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brush tool still disapears even with the reset sliders option set to off when moving to the next image.

How can I just keep it on brush tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@inspirephotonz wrote:

The brush tool still disapears even with the reset sliders option set to off when moving to the next image.

How can I just keep it on brush tool?

You can't keep it open. You do have to press the 'K' key each time.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

That my friend is really annoying for me. Photographing schools using lightroom, now meaans I have to continually move my fingers back and forth from command right arrow to K and back. I just wanna Comand right - brush - command right - brush - comm...... etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's super annoying! Why make work flow more complicated instead of more user friendly?? Shame on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what I found out I have to do to adjust multiple pics with the same setting. After I determine the right adjustments, I create a new pre-set. I press "k" before I go on to the next pic, when I go to the next pic I press "k" again and it goes straight to brush and all my settings from previous adjustment brush populates. Thank you all for the tips! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way in the latest versoin with its fancy masking to bring back the behavior where newly-created masks will default to the last used effect?

I will often use a similar effect on different parts of an image and would rather the behavior be as it was in preivous versions, with the new mask automatically applying the last used effect to new masks. This saves me lots of time, as I do not have to go to the drop down menu every single time to select the same effect.

Is there a setting for this now or is it just gone? I would vey much appreciate having it back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1
Would be nice to have it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I solved id, was the option "Reset sliders automatically" at the bottom of the mask settings.
Any modification of the sliders made before brushing for the first time or creating the radial or gradient will be there the next time you create a new mask

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, nice! I didn't notice that. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to work with loads of pictures, leaving brush tool open and skiping to next picture without any additional clicks or keyboard K pressings to reopen brush tool. After introducing this new tool it become impossible  to work with numbers of pictures. I am concidering to cut adobe plan and sart using previous version from torrent sites... Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines