• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New PC build for LRC PS

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, my 4 years old pc died and I had a new one built urgently within the same day. The com is only used for LRC and PS. I have a question regarding the processor that was chosen.

I'm not great with technical stuff and my new PC was build by a shop with the following.

i7-12700F

Asus b660m-a wifi,

32 RAM

Asus dual rtx 3060 12gb.

My question is, how much of a difference would it have made if built with the 12700K processor instead? 

Would greatly appreciate some good vibes that it is still a great build for LRC and PS.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look here:

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-12700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-12700F/4119vs4124

The K version uses more power and has a faster clock rate ... leading to more power.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is, how much of a difference would it have made if built with the 12700K processor instead? 

By @thisisperry

In the benchmark posted by F. McLion, many of the lines indicate “slightly” faster performance, from 5 to 10 percent. In the context of Lightroom Classic and Photoshop, the advantage could be bigger or smaller depending on what mix of CPU, GPU, storage, RAM, and AI/machine learning hardware affects performance the most for a specific feature.

For things like preview building, which is currently mostly dependent on CPU, then maybe previews finish a little sooner. For the Develop module and exporting, the difference might not be as much because some aspects of those tasks are GPU accelerated, which reduces CPU usage. For machine learning/AI features, the GPU and any specialized machine learning hardware in the CPU or GPU might make more difference than the brute force power of the CPU alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. I do quite a bit of local adjustments in my work and I'm glad that the develop module does not solely rely on the CPU power. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One very important factor that I don't see here is the interface speed and size of the main SSD drive. This is a major determinant in how fast Lightroom feels. I would not go with anything less than 1 TB NVMe type although 500 GB probably will work OK if you have lots of other storage and are obsessive about keeping the main drive lean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines