• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Problem Transferring Images from Lightroom to Photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 10 all of the images I export from LR to PS taken on or after 9/18 arrive in the latter software substantially darkened and with reduced contrast!?

This happens for every image taken from 9/18 and afterward up to and including the day before yesterday, and doesn't happen for any image taken before that date.  To give you an idea, it takes something like a Brightness/Contrast layer in PS with parameters Brightness = 50-100 and Contrast = 25-40 to make an image imported into PS from LR to resemble how like it looks in LR. 

I can't think of a reason for this phenomenon except a possible change the interface between LR and PS.  The last update for LR seems to have been 8/17, a date whose proximity to the critical date for this phenomenon is suspicious.  The most recent PS update was 9/22.  I first noticed this phenomenon about a week ago.
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue. Reset the Photoshop preferences.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan,

Thank you for the quick reply but unfortunately resetting my Preferences as prescribed had no effect on the problem.

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please excuse my rudeness but I have additional data:  exporting from LR to both DxO PureRAW 2 and HeliconFocus seems to show the same dimunition in brightness and contrast, although its less pronounced for Helicon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, make sure that your graphics driver is up to date.

If updating it doesn't help, you most likely have a defective monitor profile, not uncommon on Windows.

Try setting the monitor profile to sRGB (use Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor).

With LR and PS (and any other imaging software) closed, press the Windows key + R, type colorcpl in the box and press Enter.

Add the sRGB profile, then set it as default.

If this fixes the issue, it is recommended that you calibrate the monitor with a hardware calibrator.

This will also create and install a custom monitor profile that will be more accurate than sRGB.

color-management.png

As for Helicon Focus, make sure that it's using the correct monitor profile. It will not update automatically.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IF you disable GPU in preferences (performance), any difference? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines