• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie trying to understand Lightroom Classic CC

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to develop Lightroom CC on several friends' computers so they can use it to show hundreds of their family slides they have accumulated over the last few decades on their computers.  As I understand it: 1) I cannot develop this program on my own computer, and then transfer it to their computer: correct?  2) Therefore, each of my friends must purchase Lightroom CC for $9.99 per month (forever?) and install it on their own computer, and then I must use their own computer to build a program to display all of their slides.  Surely this can't be right???  Help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Correct.

2) It is "right"!

Adobe needs to protect its proprietary rights to the software and would not allow anyone (you) to simply 'share' the software apps with all and sundry.

Your friends can either subscribe to a Lightroom Plan, or consider other Apps where they can post images online.

OTOH -  YOU  can 'sync' photos from your Lr-Classic catalog to the Cloud for all Family members to view using any Internet Browser. You just provide them with a web-link to give viewing access, and allow downloads, of the photos.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to use the program, you have to pay for it.

If your interest is simply allowing other people to view the photos on the Internet, then your Lightroom or Lightroom Classic is required, but no one else needs Lightroom or Lightroom Classic, they can view your photos in a web browser. Using your Lightroom or Lightroom Classic, you synchronize the desired collections of photos with the cloud, and in a few minutes, you can e-mail people a URL so they can view your photos.

By the way, there is no such software as Lightroom CC. We don't know if you are talking about Lightroom (Lr icon) or Lightroom Classic (LrC icon) but I think the answer is the same regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines