• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newly transferred images from macpro to macbook external hd not functioning correctly in LRCC

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a few issues with macbook pro 12.5.1 and lightroom cc. i'm thinking its a permissions issue?
Recently migrate loads of images from macpro to external hard drive and imported them into a newer lightroom cc app on macbook.
I have no issues with current images that i've taken. LR will allow me to delete, move files and rename without issue. Some of my older files I can't move, rename or delete within LRCC.  When I try to delete from actual folder on External, i get the finder permissions window which asks for password in order to delete those files. I've been using LR since the beginning and haven't come across this type of behavior. 
All the folders/files are set to read/write permissions. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the link. unfortunatley this didn't fix my LR issues. However it did seem to fix my deleting those files from my finder without the permissions pop up window. It now just asked me to hit the fingerprint button to delete.

i did notice however when i pulled up the full access folder,  LR and PS had the tick box next to the ONEDRIVE which was linked to LR and PS. Not sure why LR and PS are linked to onedrive? All my photos are on external? This might be my issue? Not sure how to disconnect from onedrive. Will search for an answer. ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ward25772177436t wrote:

i did notice however when i pulled up the full access folder,  LR and PS had the tick box next to the ONEDRIVE which was linked to LR and PS. Not sure why LR and PS are linked to onedrive? All my photos are on external? This might be my issue? Not sure how to disconnect from onedrive. Will search for an answer. ..

Please post a screenshot because what you say does not make any sense. You cannot 'pull up the full access folder'. This is not a folder, but a security settings in MacOS System Preferences and the 'folder' is just an icon that Apple used. They could have used a disk icon as well, which would have made a bit more sense, perhaps. Onedrive has nothing to do with this, it's not even an Apple product. But perhaps there is a Onedrive app that has full access too and so it's in the same list?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see attached screenshot of system preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have never seen that, but I assume it means that these apps also have full access to Onedrive. I don't think this is of any relevance for Lightroom, as long as you are not storing your catalog or some images on OneDrive.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i changed the permissions in the main folder to "apply to enclosed items" 

I tried this a while back and it didn't seem to work?

It works now so hopefully no more issues.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines