• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Niggly problems with Library Filter + Metadata + Keyword + Flat view

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a hierachical keyword structure, but when I am keywording a large batch of photos I tend to multi-select all the images for a parent keyword first, and add that parent keyword to them all. I then go back and filter on each parent keyword, and for each photo there I add their appropriate child keyword, and then remove the parent. For example, with a batch of photos of buildings in different towns, I first keyword them by town, and later, for each photo for a given town, I add the appropriate building name keyword, and then remove the town keyword.

For the second stage, I only want a flat list of keywords so that I only see photos that don't have building names assigned to them. To do this, I use "Library Filter:" plus "Metadata" and have a column for "Keyword" and use the dropdown on the right-hand side of the "Keyword" column header and select the" Flat" view option. When all photos have a building name, the count of photos on the flat town keyword will be zero.

There are two problems I find doing this:

1. When I change to the next town using the "Keyword list" pane, the view option switches back to "Hierarchical" - I'd like it to remember "Flat".
  2. If the town name starts with a letter that is not at the start of the alphabet, there is no apparent quick way to get jump down the flat list to it, and my keyord list runs into the thousands, and in my case, the list stops around the middle of the alphabet anyway, and towns beyond there cannot be reached at all, in which case I have to temporarily rename the keyword to start with, say, an "_" to bring it to the top of the list - I'd like to be able to filter this keyword list as I can the list in the "keyword list" pane.

Any tips on how to overcome these annoying niggles would be very welcome.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regarding not reaching all keywords in list mentioned in item 2 - I suspect you're hitting this bug https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-windows-panel-is-limited-to-1600-items-folde...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines