• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon 24-120mm f/4G lens profile issue

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with the Lightroom profile correction for my lens. I use a D750 with 24-120mm f/4G lens. Here is an example of an image who shows what the problem is.

ImageLrC.png

Image imported in Lightroom (LrC):

Image 1 - image without any preset.

Image 2 - image without any preset, but after check the box “Enable Profile Correction”. LrC selects profile “(profile Adobe (Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR) v2”.

Image 3 - image without any preset, but after check the box “Enable Profile Correction” and change the profile to “(profile Adobe (Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR)”.

Apparently there are two profiles for the 24-120mm f/4G. Both don’t work well.

It looks bad. I spent hours manually correcting this issue but I can’t get it right.

Image specs:

- ISO 200

- 82 mm

- f 5/6

- 1/4000 sec

Last month I shot 2,000 images and a few dozens of them have this problem. Most of the problem images have aperture 4, 5/6 or 8 and focal length from 24 to 120mm. Most of the problem images have a grey or blue sky.

I hope someone can help me, because I don’t know what to do.

Thanks in advance, Ronnie 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What aspect of lens issues are you trying to correct?

Hard to figure out on these images a seen post share on a web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply @GoldingD . I have a problem with the vignet. If I use the profile correction the corners will color white. I do not know how to correct it. I tried it with manual vignet corrections, but you always see somegthing whit in the edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting the camera's vignette control to Off. Normally the in-camera controls only affect the JPEG output, but Adobe has made some changes concerning "built-in" lens profiles used with raw files. Give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you todd@craftedreality. I will give it a try. Good suggestion for future images. But do you also know how to correct images which I already made?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But do you also know how to correct images which I already made?

By @diyask

Use the Lens Corrections> Manual> Vignetting controls with the v2 lens profile selected. You may need to use three different settings (F4, F5.6, and F8 and higher). When you find the correct correction create a Develop preset for each one with only the below settings checked. You can then use the Filter Bar Lens and Aperture to select the NEFs shot at each of the three aperture settings.

ToddShaner_0-1639002066835.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your suggestion @Todd Shaner . It's a good idea to create three different presets for the different apertures. I used the Lens Corrections > Manual > Vignetting and tried to find the right position. I think I tried almost every value for the amount of vignet and also changed the value for the midpoint, but there is always some vignet or white area in the edges. In some images I can correct it in a good way, but in the example image I don't get it right. Sometimes it looks like the image looks good in develop mode, but if I look in Lightroom to the smaller image in the section navigator or the Library mode I still see the vignet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines