• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon D810 Tethered Capture Woes

Participant ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has any solution been found for tethering to the Nikon D810? I'm up to date on my OS Ventura 13.2.1 and LRc 12.2. It's been more than a year I believe since it stopped working.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the D810 supported in Nikon's latest tether software? I understand from recent posts that the D850 issues were fixed in the 12.2 release. Camera support for tether is based around the maker's API. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe says the Nikon D810 is still supported for tethering:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

and it's still listed as supported by the Nikon SDK:

https://sdk.nikonimaging.com/apply/

Mac OS 13 broke Nikon tethering and Nikon was very slow in releasing a new SDK (which they finally did on 12/7/2022).  It's not clear that LR 12.2 incorporates that version of the SDK -- there have been a couple reports of Nikon tethering now working with LR 12.2:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-nikon-tethering/m-p/13585509#... 

And the Z 9 was added to the supported list in LR 12.2 (which requires incorporating a new version of the Nikon SDK).  

But Adobe hasn't officially reported that tethering was fixed:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-mac-ventura-known-issues-please-read-...

Hmm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, @MarkGilvey, do you have an Apple Silicon Mac?  Nikon finally (after two years) supported Apple Silicon in their SDK with their December release.  Prior to LR 12.2, it was necessary to run LR under Rosetta for Nikon tethering to work.  As mentioned previously, Adobe hasn't clarified whether LR incorporates the latest SDK and still requires the use of Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have access to that info from where I am right now, but my Mac is Paramount two years old and if it's an iMac and it came out before the M1 chip started aproduction and just before they started making the new iMacs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got to try running the tethering through my iMac and it IS working now, yay! I initially wrote this post because it wasn't tethering through my laptop, but I will try it again as soon as I'm able.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines