• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon D850 will no longer tether to Lightroom 12.1

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason tethering no longer works.  Lightroom can't find my D850 camera when trying to tether.  If I open LR then plug in my camera to my MacBookAir LR recognizes it and I can import photos easily.  But when trying to tether I only get the "trying to detect camera..." box.  It never detects the D850.

Since my last tether session there have been a couple of LR updates and I have also updated to the Ventura MacOS.  So I'm assuming that's what's causing the problem.  I downloaded Capture One and it works fine.  I really like the LR and the entire Adobe suite but not being able to tether is a HUGE problem. 

Anyone have any suggestions?  I have tried pretty much everything I've found online and so far with no luck.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at known issues with Ventura/LR. There is a bug that stops all Nikon camera's from teathering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.....that's not good.  Thanks for letting me know.  I missed that in my search for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For approx 15 years this issue has been happening with each Adobe Lightroom update and/or Mac OS update. Tethering ceases with updates, best to not update until problem is addressed or best to use Capture One, etc..  I don't understand why these companies and services we pay for won't and don't anticipate these issues, and work together to make sure it doesn't happen each and every time, hence it does happen each and every time. It's quite frustrating when one's livelihood is compromised and undermined because of these failings, and because of a lack of simple and friendly collaboration between Adobe and Apple. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/known-issues.html

and first three posts in:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-mac-ventura-known-issues-please-read-...

Neither Apple or Adobe forced us update.  The best way to avoid the scenario you highlight is to avoid updating one, other or both until you have confirmed that all is working as you require (i.e due diligence).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eh, it's a good point.  I obviously placed too much trust in the OS and LR placing nice together.  Lesson learned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines