• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon Z and Lightroom 6.14 stand alone

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the situation of support for LR 6.14 to import and manage Nikon Z7 RAW files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

No not natively.

LR 6 is 2+ years old and will not receive anymore updates.

Your only option is to use the Newest Adobe Free DNG converter program to convert the native NEF files to DNG files. Then import the DNG files to LR 6.x.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No not natively.

LR 6 is 2+ years old and will not receive anymore updates.

Your only option is to use the Newest Adobe Free DNG converter program to convert the native NEF files to DNG files. Then import the DNG files to LR 6.x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.14 does not recognize DNG files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG supported from Lightroom v1 !

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/why-is-my-camera-not-supported.html

2023-03-31 11_51_42-Troubleshoot Adobe Camera Raw Compatibility Photoshop Lightroom — Mozilla Firefo.jpg

If you have problems, be more specific with your Camera Model and OS Version, if you want help.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you. It worked !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also upgrade to Lightroom Classic CC version 8.0 (which is the current version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your swift advice - This is what I feared. Brutal, which means goodbye to Adobe and a new learning curve. there is no sustainable future with the cloud based lock-in.

Ethically, it makes sense to support the competition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like a lot of people make decisions based on 100% incorrect information.

The current Lightroom Classic CC is not a "cloud-based lock-in", whatever that means. Neither the LR software nor the photos are stored in "the cloud" (unless you specifically turn on the option to upload photos to the cloud). You don't ever have to store your photos in "the cloud". The software and photos remain on your computer (or attached drives).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't just a matter of where the files are stored.  Many people bought Lightroom 6 because it was the premier application for what it does, and they paid a lot of money for it.  Lightroom Classic CC is a local application, working with local files, which is what many users want, myself included.  What I don't want is to be forced to rent software.  Adobe is cutting it's own throat by abandoning users like me that just want to stay on Lightroom 6.  If they want to abandon this version of Lightroom, the least they could do is fix it where the camera metadata won't prevent it from reading files.  People won't stick with a company that throws it's own customers under the bus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask Nikon why they didn't offer DNG as an option.

And name another software developer that updates old software to support new cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bethanyh24206742  wrote

Adobe is cutting it's own throat by abandoning users like me that just want to stay on Lightroom 6.

Adobe is a very profitable company, profits are up since the introduction of the Creative Cloud.

If they want to abandon this version of Lightroom, the least they could do is fix it where the camera metadata won't prevent it from reading files.

Adobe stated very clearly in October 2017 that Lightroom 6 will never (that's NEVER) be updated. No bug fixes, no new camera support, no new features. That's what they said. Now, almost 18 months later, you want them to fix it. They're not going to.

People won't stick with a company that throws it's own customers under the bus.

A lot of people have stuck with Adobe. They're a very profitable company. And I don't feel thrown under the bus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully agree, I'm neither up to renting software. So for me too, I work with whether DNG or at the moment Nikon's NX Studio for Z6/Z9 raw files. It's a shame. And what others comment here: as it looks to me, customers like myself and betanyh not seem to be worth it. That's not really customer friendly I am afraid. $

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it appears you are not worth it, because you have made it clear you won't spend money on Adobe software. Why would any company want your business?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pre subscription

• A large base of pirated software, hence lacked revenue
  • A large section of customers who rarely upgraded the software, hence no new revenue
  • A lack of a consistent revenue stream
  • Reoccurring revenue inconsistent
  • An issue with R&D funds due to the above
  • Related to above, A upgrade frequency at about 18 months too slow, leading to a stale product.

Post subscriptions;

• Number of customers up
  • Number of pirated copy's down
  • Revenue up
  • Revenue stream improved
  • Losses down
  • Profits up
  • Market fluctuations down
  • Stability of business up.
  • Update and upgrade frequancy improved

So, yes, Adobe does not give one itty bitty bit about lost customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Paul28832072s3br 

So how many $Thousands did you spend on the Nikon-Z? And you are not prepared to spend us$9.99/month on the industry standard editing tools for all photographers.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully agree, I'm neither up to renting software. So for me too, I work with whether DNG or at the moment Nikon's NX Studio for Z6/Z9 raw files. It's a shame. And what others comment here: as it looks to me, customers like myself and betanyh not seem to be worth it. That's not really customer friendly I am afraid. $

By @Paul28832072s3br

I always have to smile when people like you call themselves a 'customer'. If all Adobe 'customers' would be like you, then Adobe would not exist anymore.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines