• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon Z6 Movie Files do not upload chronologically in Lightroom

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been using a Nikon z6 for a few years now and when i first got it the photos and video's uploaded chronologically ( in order of when they were taken ). For the last year and a bit not the movie files are uploaded first as per the date they are uploaded not when they were taken amoungst the stills. It is like the meatdata is noyt readable by Lightroom or perhaps i am messed up a setting in my Z6. I have the latest firmware for the Nikon v3.12 and the Lightroom Classic 10.1. I have no issues with my Nikon 850 / Mavic / phantom go pro etc etc just my Z6. 

Any adivise or work arounds would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers,

Glen 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Techincally, Adobe has never publicly documented the import order for files coming off the memory cards. One would easily expect the order to be alphabetically as this is the default OS sort order. This also mostly matches a capture date order.

Normally the import order should not matter unless you are doing a renaming of the files that includes the "import sequence".

Both the import dialog and the library module have separate sort orders you can pick. Are you doing anything special that requires a given import order?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much. 

Yes i have absolutely no idea what the issue is - as i said i have no issue with any other camera and lightroom.

It makes not difference if i rename the files or otherwise. 

No i am not doing anything special.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not doing anything that requires a particular import order, does it really matter?

What is the sort order you are using in the import dialog?

Which sort order are you using in the Library grid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super late reply but....... regarding the import i really prefer to have my files load chronologically and still don't get why this is not possible with the Nikon Z6. I often impoort files on any given day with iup to 3 camera's annd the Z6 is the only camera that LR does not import chronologically. Yes Library grid.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom doesn't import chronologically, and hasn't for quite a while. It runs concurrent sets during import to allow multithreading for faster import. That said, Capture Time should sort chronologicaly. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines