Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon Z7 II tethering with LR Classic ~ camera not seen in LR Classic

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

the scenario is as follows. I have taken delivery of a brand new HP laptop today with all the bells and whistles. Top of the range 32 GB of RAM, latest generation CPU, etc.

I have spent the day downloading updates and installing the latest LR Classic and Photoshop.

I have a brand new ( not used ) Tethertools USB C to USB C cable.

I have connected my Nikon Z7 II via the cable to the computer. Windows see's the camera no problems.

However, when I start the tethering process LR Classic doesn't find it!

I have connected my Nikon D850 via a Tethertools USB 3.0 to Micro B cable and LR Classic finds it straight away.

The Adobe website lists the Nikon Z7 as a recognized supported camera but the Nikon Z7 II isn't included on their list of supported cameras for tethering.

I have tried all the usual troubleshooting steps that Adobe recommends without success.

The USB C to USB C cable is the correct cable for my camera and laptop.

I have contacted Adobe via their online assistant somewhere on the other side of the world, who suggests to keep checking for camera updates in the future but that's not much help, to be honest.

Does anyone know of any workaround in the meantime to get me up and running whilst waiting for the Z7 II to be included on Adobe's tethering list?

Any help would be most welcome.

Regards,

Richard

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update from Adobe - Nikon Z7 II not included at present in the LR database. Sit tight and wait for future upgrades to include the Z7 II! :-{

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon did not add the Z7ii to their SDK until Dec 2020. If the Feb 2021 update to Lightroom does not yet use the new Nikon SDK, we will need to wait until the Apr/May update to see what happens.

Until then, you will need to use Nikon's software for the tethering, or see what other third party software has been updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only chance for now is to buy CaptureOne21, it is incredible to wait 4-5 month on an expensice software like the Adobe to have an update. I have the same problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! TetherTools own tethering software supports the Z7 II and works
fairly fast but it still costs you about £50! 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working as an industry pro in the photo industry in a major market and can say, that in 11 years, I've never seen anyone use Lightroom for tethering.  The industry standard is Capture One for both photographers and clients.  

Download the free trial and see if you have better luck with that.  Also, copy the same raw file into capture and LR and just make the white balance correction and see which one looks better or sharper.  This was the moment for me a decade ago when I realized why no one used LR (other than events, weddings, etc...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers. Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, if it hasn't been covered, always take out any cards in camera OUT when you're tethering.  Some cameras won't do well with cards inside and USB connected. 

I believe Lightroom is the opposite?  I think w/ Lightroom it used to write to card first then send file over which is why it was so slow.  Not sure if that changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines