• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon Z9 "File Not Found" in develop module after pictures downloaded and memory card removed

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I doing something incorectly? I import files from Nikon Z9 via CF express card reader.  Files are in Nilon Z9 folder, not the usual location.  I can edit in deveop modlue when card still in reader, but when I remove card, teh pictures are there under Z9 folder, but when I attmept to edit in Deveop module, i get message that "file not found".

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you used the "ADD" function in the import module. LrC is looking for the files on the memory card, thus, files not found.

You need to use the "COPY" option at the top middle of the Import screen and then in the right hand column of the Import screen specify which folder you want the image files copied to.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  You're correct. I was using Lightroom mobile and forgot to specify in LRc. I tried to add more pics, but now when I click on Nikon Z9 as source, it says no,photos found, despite there being several on the memory card. Any ideas?  Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to copy the photos to somewhere on a hard disk (using your operating system) and then in Lightroom Classic, reconnect the photos to their new location on your hard disk. See: www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines