• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no destinations panel

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was having trouble with lightroom5 so upgraded to lightroom classic photography after upgrading my mac to Big Sur .Now when importing photos i dont get a destinations panel on the righthand side 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Destination panel is automatically hidden whenever your import type is set to Add (at top of screen) since in that event, there is no destination - the files are imported remaining wherever they currently are.

Otherwise if set to Move / Copy / Copy as DNG: if the Destination is then still not showing, you can right-click (Cmd+click) on one of the panel headers which are showing, and put a checkmark back next to "Destination", or else click "Show All".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correction, it seems to be Ctrl+click - or if on a trackpad, apparently a two-finger click will do it

(disclaimer: I'm not a Mac user). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will not see the Destination panel if your selected import type is "Add", so check that first.

If you have any of the Copy or Move options selected and Destination is still not showing, another possibility is that the panel has been hidden. In which case, right-click on any of the other section headers (e.g. File Handling) that are showing in the right-hand panel, then click on Destination (and any other missing section) to make it visible again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all, I have move set at the top of the screen and right-clicked on the other headers and nothing appears it just closes that header

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click in an empty part of the header, not on the header name.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right clicked all around the righthand panel, nothing appears I have the file handling panel,apply during import panel, keywords panel nothing else really strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "it just closes that header" do you mean that the panel collapses, but the header is still showing? If so, that's the expected behaviour from a single left-click, which would suggest that your right-click action isn't being recognised as a right-click. How are you doing that, using a mouse or keyboard or track-pad? If you'\ve not already done that, try Control+left-click on a section header using the keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you have classic installed and no Lightroom Desktop? The latter will not show a destination, and will iport everything to a cloud library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jao, that same thought crossed my mind, but the OP says they have the "File Handling" and "Apply during Import" panels, which makes it definitely LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. Yeah I answered way too quick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post in a reply a screen capture of you import screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim i tried using the keboard insted of the mouse without any luck,

ive enclosed a screenshot of the import window,dont know whether it gives anyone a clue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which case I think you should try the suggestion from @JohanElzenga and try resetting preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 10.01.56 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Control click on one of the titles in the side bar. You should get a popup menu that allows you to select which sections you see. See screenshot below:

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 12.10.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BINGO We are up running with the missing destination panel, after trying to right click on the headers section several times with mouse and keyboard without any luck, i shut lightroom and the computer down and went and had dinner . Returned to give it one last go and the pop up menu appeared so ticked all and destination panel burst into life, perhaps lightroom got its knickers in a twist.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear....that's the second weird issue that I've been involved with today which was fixed with a reboot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines