• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No edit done on TIFF image imported in LR from PS; but before and after is different

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing a strange issue on many images on which I followed the same process :

- OS MAC 10.15.7

- Import RAW images from SD card to LR classic (currently 10.3)

- Basic edits in LR

- Edit image in PS (curently 22.4.2)

- After editing in PS, I save it which automatically saves it back to LR as a TIFF file

- If I look at that TIFF file in LR it seems flatter and less vibrant than in PS. I then realized that when I press the before and after option, it shows a before that seems like the exact copy of the PS rendering and the after is the flatter version

- But I haved not done any editing to that TIFF file in LR how can there be a before and after and how can it be different. And I cannot stay on/keep  that before version, it goes away when I take any other action

- And most importantly how can I get and keep the proper version of that TIFF file in LR ???

- Both LR and PS color settings are on Prophoto RGB 

Thanks in advance! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit image in PS (curently 22.4.2)

By that, do you mean that in LrC you select Edit in PS?

Following implys so, but just to be certain

After editing in PS, I save it which automatically saves it back to LR as a TIFF file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do select Edit in PS. And yes to your following question I am looking at the image in the develop module

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both LR and PS color settings are on Prophoto RGB 

You are looking at the image in the Develop module?

Following implys you are, just checking.

when I press the before and after option, it shows a before that seems like the exact copy of the PS rendering and the after is the flatter version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, in LrC, after the image returns to LrC. Before you touch anything. Over in the various panels (right side) has LrC touched any sliders? Not you, but LrC, as in some Develop RAW defaults are fouling things up.

Oh, and did the profile change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your questions. I have not touched anything in the panels and LR has not either, all sliders are untouched. The one thing I just found out, it's getting weirder..:

- in LR I was finding the issue in the develop module, before and after different even though I have not edited in LR (after the passage in PS)

- now if I look at the same image in the library module it looks fine, i.e. like the before in develop module, i.e. like it should be (slightly more vibrant, more contrast)

- I just checked several images that have the same issue and they all appear different in the develop compared to the library module.....

- I compared the images in LR with jpg exports I had done from LR and they look like the LR image in the library module

- I just don't understand why the image in the develop module would look different than in the library module. So confusing.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of thoughts did you import a RAW file into LrC?

What settings did you have in the edit in PS process? Save as TIFF? Was it set to Adobe RGB or ProPhotoRGB?

I see you have set PS working color space but it's important to know how the image was saved.

Screenshot 2021-08-01 at 6.10.06 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Denis. Yes to all your questions. The one thing I just found out, it's getting weirder..:

- in LR I was finding the issue in the develop module, before and after different even though I have not edited in LR (after the passage in PS)

- now if I look at the same image in the library module it looks fine, i.e. like the before in develop module, i.e. like it should be (slightly more vibrant, more contrast)

- I just checked several images that have the same issue and they all appear different in the develop compared to the library module.....

- I compared the images in LR with jpg exports I had done from LR and they look like the LR image in the library module

- I just don't understand why the image in the develop module would look different than in the library module. So confusing.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked that you do not have soft proof enabled in the develop module?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Johan, I just did and it is not enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that does indeed leave a corrupted monitor profile as one of the few options left.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can put down that would cause the issue you are experiencing relates to color management. When you view image file in the Library Module the displayed image is the preview file which is Adobe RGB, the Develop module uses the original file which is ProPhoto RGB.

It may help if you profile and calibrate your display using a physical device.

Some info at the link below.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Denis. I do have Spyder installed. I was going to check the guidelines and see if anything else was amiss. Meantime I restarted my computer and the issue seems gone..... !!! 

F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines